Options

Ok, my first attempt

thejumpmaster68thejumpmaster68 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited May 8, 2007 in People
Here is my first attempt at taking some shots. I'm looking for any critiques or helps you folks can give me. I've had the camera for a couple of weeks and am still learning about it and the photoshop elements 5.0 software. Thanks in advance for any tips and/or advice.
Will Marshall
Canon EOS Rebel XT
Canon EOS 30D
Tokina 28-70mm f/2.8
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L

Comments

• Options
    edited May 8, 2007
    Next shot
    Here is another.
    Will Marshall
    Canon EOS Rebel XT
    Canon EOS 30D
    Tokina 28-70mm f/2.8
    Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2007
    One more should be good enough
    One more. Again, thanks!!
    Will Marshall
    Canon EOS Rebel XT
    Canon EOS 30D
    Tokina 28-70mm f/2.8
    Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2007
    The first two are working very well, composition and subject are very nice. I might suggest you investigate how to sharpen the images and how to improve contrast. The DGrin tutorials are a good place to start.

I want to finish by saying these are really good first attempts. A little PP tweak and you've got some good photographs!
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2007
    The shots are good...however, they are extremely soft around the face area.

I suggest you go to Unsharpen Mask in PS and sharpen the face area.
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2007
    New tries?
    Thanks so much for the comments. I really appreciate the feedback. I tried two different things. I think this is just going to take some trial and error. I used a bunch of layers and stuff on this one.
    Here is my first attempt at taking some shots. I'm looking for any critiques or helps you folks can give me. I've had the camera for a couple of weeks and am still learning about it and the photoshop elements 5.0 software. Thanks in advance for any tips and/or advice.
    Will Marshall
    Canon EOS Rebel XT
    Canon EOS 30D
    Tokina 28-70mm f/2.8
    Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2007
    You'r first re-work is so much better than the original. It now looks a little red (on my uncalibrated monitor). Take a look at this tutorial (link) for more on that...

To finish this, a little skin smoothing. When doing this, remember that there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Your last re-work is WAY over-sharpened.
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2007
    Last try then to bed for me. It is late over here in Korea and I got to play Army in the morning. Thanks again for the help. I'm learning a heck of a lot more than with me just playing by myself.
    You'r first re-work is so much better than the original. It now looks a little red (on my uncalibrated monitor). Take a look at this tutorial (link) for more on that...

To finish this, a little skin smoothing. When doing this, remember that there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Your last re-work is WAY over-sharpened.
    Will Marshall
    Canon EOS Rebel XT
    Canon EOS 30D
    Tokina 28-70mm f/2.8
    Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L