AMA Superbike Testing @ Infineon

nosmonosmo Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited May 17, 2007 in Sports
This was my first time shooting a moving target - and I was surprised how fast they are.
Some shots came out nice and clean and others - well it was a real learning experience...
Anyway a couple of the nicer shots (for me anyway) -

1) Mat Mladin cruising around
148360603-M.jpg

2) Ben Bostrom
148361384-M.jpg

3) I had hoped to get -both- of these guys in focus ....
148362347-M.jpg

4)
148360513-M.jpg

5) if only I caught him in the frame....
149571912-M.jpg

A nice afternoon and I came out of it with a lot to think about on how to capture a moving object.
All the shots are shutter priority between 1/200 - 1/250, ISO was set at 200, IIRC.

Thanks for looking and commenting

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    G'day steve...you got the big names there thats for sure. Im not on my usual monitor so i could be way out but is the exposure a little high ?
  • 2whlrcr2whlrcr Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    You know, #5 kind of works for me. Normally, I wouldn't crop like this, or just throw it out, if there was no fix. I like that you can see elevated inner track on the right. I like it, it's different.
  • nosmonosmo Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited May 16, 2007
    gus wrote:
    G'day steve...you got the big names there thats for sure. Im not on my usual monitor so i could be way out but is the exposure a little high ?
    right you are Gus! - back to the adjustments, possibly it is time to re-calibrate my screen as well. thanks

2whlrcr:
    "You know, #5 kind of works for me. Normally, I wouldn't crop like this, or just throw it out, if there was no fix. I like that you can see elevated inner track on the right. I like it, it's different."

right again. I would have tossed it - but as you say, it kinda sorta works (well it works for a beginner). It came out of the camera like that, I had hoped to get it all, but he drifted wide on that lap. thanks for the comments and looking.

I have some shots from the AHRMA races at Willow Springs from last month, I'll check those as well for exposure levels and composition.
  • JerryMartinJerryMartin Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited May 17, 2007
    Actually, #5 does work for me. The rider is looking down and across the open space in the frame. It drew my eyes there, which is normally contrary to what you want. However, it made me realize how close he is to the ground at that rate of speed and helped me to appreciate the rider's talent.

Great work!
    Jerry Martin Photography
    My SmugMug Site