Options

Hot summer day

PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
edited May 9, 2007 in People
I really liked these pictures. We're just playing with a water hose. What do ya think?:D
126743067-M.jpg
126743168-M.jpg
126744435-M.jpg

It was really hot:lol3

Comments

• Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Love the last one! Great expression and stop action on the water! FUN!

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    ThinkingManThinkingMan Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    I really like these shots especially #3, but the skin tones seem a bit blue. Maybe white balance is off?
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2007
    I really like these shots especially #3, but the skin tones seem a bit blue. Maybe white balance is off?

Yeah, I didn't edit the pictures at all. The white balance is off. #3 is my fav too though :D
  • Options
    thejumpmaster68thejumpmaster68 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    I agree with the above, #3 is a really cool shot.
    Will Marshall
    Canon EOS Rebel XT
    Canon EOS 30D
    Tokina 28-70mm f/2.8
    Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    #3 is cool (and wet!). The first two are not as dramatic and are over-exposed as well. All three suffer serious WB issues. Fix the WB problem and #3 is a winner, fur shur dude!
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    When shooting outdoors...I find shooting RAW always helps me with my WB. JMHO.

Pictures are over-exposed...but I love what you captured. How many of us, as children, used the water-hose to cool down on a hot summer day? I know I did.
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2007
    Seneca wrote:
    When shooting outdoors...I find shooting RAW always helps me with my WB. JMHO.

Pictures are over-exposed...but I love what you captured. How many of us, as children, used the water-hose to cool down on a hot summer day? I know I did.

Good Idea, I think I'm going to start shooting in RAW all the time. I duno, Sometimes it feels like a waste when I shoot in RAW and then other times I really wish that I did.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Paulcao wrote:
    Good Idea, I think I'm going to start shooting in RAW all the time. I duno, Sometimes it feels like a waste when I shoot in RAW and then other times I really wish that I did.
    Never a waste of time. There is little, if any, workflow penality shooting RAW. And, if shooting RAW will save a once-in-a-lifetime image, then you'll have good ROI on the time spent working in RAW.
  • Options
    Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Hi Paul!

Scott is right on this one, shooting RAW is always better, and it doesn't hinder your workflow too much (I think it actually cuts time from your workflow, especially in situations like this where you might want to change WB or something like that).

Your shots are really cool, I think, because of all the fun!
    Of them, I think #3 is the best because of the extra sharpness and the coolness from all those flying water droplets!
    Plus, if the WB was indeed off from what you wanted, I think it might be pretty salvageable even in JPEG form, although fixing this will take you a bit longer than in RAW.

Nice shots, thanks for sharing them!
    Take care!

-- thiago