Options

non-US dates?

ashsimmondsashsimmonds Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
edited May 9, 2007 in Dgrin Forum Support
some versions of VB have an option to specify how you'd like the dates to appear, i'd like to see them in a logical fashion such as dd-mm-yy or yyyy-mm-dd, or at the very least display the text for the month rather than the number.

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    some versions of VB have an option to specify how you'd like the dates to appear, i'd like to see them in a logical fashion such as dd-mm-yy or yyyy-mm-dd, or at the very least display the text for the month rather than the number.
    Yeah..man i hate the US way. It has caught me out several times. I have no idea why someone would set this as a standard.

Bring it on One Thumb !!!
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Wadda ya mean....so what is wrong with mm/dd/yyyyne_nau.gif.....works perfectly for me:ivarFLIPA.gifD:D:Drolleyes1.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited May 9, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Yeah..man i hate the US way. It has caught me out several times. I have no idea why someone would set this as a standard.

Bring it on One Thumb !!!

Having grown up with the US standard, I can tell you that it seems perfectly normal to Americans. It's a matter of what you're used to. Of course, Americans are also used to pounds, yards, quarts and a bunch of other measures that make no sense to metric standard users. I use yy-mm-dd for indexing my pics because computers will naturally sort them in chronological order, but despite having lived in Europe for 20 years I still find the dd-mm-yy format unnatural.

So it goes.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    We compromised - Are the EuroOzDgrinners happy now? :D
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited May 9, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    clap.gif
  • Options
    StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Andy wrote:

clap.gif Me too
  • Options
    thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    I sometimes hear Americans refer to the 24hr clock as military time, which always raises a chuckle.

More irritating however is the increasingly widespread use of the word 'bring' instead of 'take,' arggh, that really grates mwink.gif

Bless us all and our cultural differences, the world would be a dull place without them.

Charlie
  • Options
    ashsimmondsashsimmonds Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Andy wrote:

YES!!!!

and in honour of our ability to make a difference, i say ask not what Dgrin can do for you, ask what you can do for Dgrin.

:Dthumb.gif