Options

Behind-the-scenes (7 imgs)

schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
edited May 10, 2007 in People
Over the weekend I was invited to shoot the behind-the-scenes still photos for a film crew. Their challenge was part of the 48 Hour Film Project, where a group has to write, shoot, and produce a short movie in 2 days. I think I got off very easy being just the photographer. :D

Anyway, I really enjoy the concept of photojournalism and wish I could actually have some training in it. It's hard trying to capture a mood, but also tell a story in a single shot. Phew!

Actors reading the script for the first time:

149732654-M.jpg

149734433-M.jpg

Rolling!

149842214-M.jpg

149930278-M.jpg

150075178-M.jpg

150072617-M.jpg

150076367-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kingmamaof2kingmamaof2 Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Wow! What a neat opportunity! I love the first 3 images and the last one. Great angles, color, and photojournalism~of course you have always done fantastic work. good jobthumb.gif
  • Options
    Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Nice pictures you have there!

I like the beautiful smile on #1, and like the way you compose too, carefully taking care of the background, especially on #5 and #6.

Cool stuff, and it must have been a pretty interesting project! Was it more fun or more stressful, in the end? I hope the former!

Thanks so much for posting!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    I love the story you tell. When was the challenge run? I remember hearing about it a couple of years ago. It does indeed look like a lot of hard work!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Sweet work!
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2007
    Thanks, everyone! I am finding out that the 48 Hour Film Project is actually a pretty well-known event. It is relatively new to me as I know absolutely nothing about filmmaking! This past weekend (May 5-6) was when it was around DC, which is the one I helped with. It was mostly fun for me and not very work-like at all - but then again I didn't have to do any of the writing or crew work or editing. I'm still on the email list for the director and company and from what I read they worked really hard for this and got almost no sleep the entire weekend.

I hope to have a chance to do this again next year, and be better prepared. I had a prior commitment halfway through (actually another photo-related showing) so I couldn't even stay for the whole day, but from what I saw of the filming the movie should be fantastic.