Options

SmugMug Service Status May 10th PM

2»

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    I'm pretty darn sure there was a problem with Smugmug earlier. I could get to some of my galleries and not others. I had a clean tracert. It was consistent which galleries worked fine and which ones didn't. It's pretty hard for that kind of problem to not be at Smugmug or Amazon.

The troublesome galleries are working now.
    There indeed was a problem. Onethumb and Primetime fixed it, though I do not know what the problem was. Sorry for the hassle.

I moved the threads because I wanted Wireless (our director of ops) to see the current posts in one place. He's got his hands quite full tonight :) And again, sorry to have troubled you, I did email you with the moved post notice.

Have a good night, John :)
  • Options
    WirelessWireless Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    Three things have happened tonight:

- Stats blew for a bit (I think they are back, but not sure, I see the machine recovery messages. they'll be back after maintenance by now hehe ).

- We had a database component reboot at 6:31pm (PDT), and it was back by 6:39pm. A relatively short outage, which was before some of the posts here indicating there were still problems (or I'm blind and I apologize for not looking at timestamps and making the relation. I'm a bit distracted, as mentioned). If you were lucky enough to hit us in those 8 minutes, yes things might not be as speedy as usual.

- Level 3 is not in a good state.

Beyond that, I have no idea, stuff is humming along. And I'm now not in San Jose where I should be :)
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    There indeed was a problem. Onethumb and Primetime fixed it, though I do not know what the problem was. Sorry for the hassle.

I moved the threads because I wanted Wireless (our director of ops) to see the current posts in one place. He's got his hands quite full tonight :) And again, sorry to have troubled you, I did email you with the moved post notice.

Have a good night, John :)

OK good. Glad to know something was actually fixed and there is a real explanation. Thanks.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    Everything is working like a charm right now! Even my slideshows which were weird for a while...thumb.gif
  • Options
    dickdick Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    Thanks for the update on the problem - things are bumping along today.

clap.gif