V8 Supercars Symmons Plains Sat 11.11.06

TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited May 12, 2007 in Sports
Taken last year at Symmons Plains. It ended up being a very warm day and the sun in the afternoon was horrendous.

151269928-M.jpg

151270070-M.jpg

151270154-M.jpg

151270179-M.jpg

151270107-M.jpg

151269977-M.jpg

Does it appear I am hanging out for some more motorsport down here...lol
Superbikes in 10 days....:D
Cheers
David Clifford

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    Nice set mate....did you get a jersey for this year ? I was politely & firmly told i wont get a media pass again. Man they are fruitloops honestly..one year its just an ask & you get the full treatment & the next they only just answer emails with a thanks but no thanks.
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Nice set mate....did you get a jersey for this year ? I was politely & firmly told i wont get a media pass again. Man they are fruitloops honestly..one year its just an ask & you get the full treatment & the next they only just answer emails with a thanks but no thanks.

Morning Gus,

I doubt I will apply for a pass this year, I am trying to work on a couple of options for the Clipsal 500 next year. At this stage it looks like a spectator gig though. The family and I are going up to Symmons Plains for all three days this year. So the young fella and I will be doing the watching / photo thing whilst the girls go shopping....lol. The organisers are being very selective of who they allow into the media circle these days thats for sure.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    TassieD wrote:
    The organisers are being very selective of who they allow into the media circle these days thats for sure.

A good friend involved in the race sent me an email saying that the 'pro' photographers now have control of whom gets a go. Talk about scared children. Ive never met such an unhappy miserable group of people as those guys. They can have it.
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    gus wrote:
    A good friend involved in the race sent me an email saying that the 'pro' photographers now have control of whom gets a go. Talk about scared children. Ive never met such an unhappy miserable group of people as those guys. They can have it.

I had heard the same thing, but I am tipping it is just a couple of them. As it appears they are also on the committee saying who is cams accredited or not.
    Oh well if they are the rules I will just have to play along.....:D
    Cheers
    David Clifford