edited May 11, 2007 in Landscapes
Hi friends,
I think it's a nice shot.
Comments and opinions are welcome.
Thank.
151354524-L.jpg

Oliva
Oliva
"In the life as in photography, even the must ugly thing has its beautiful side."

My SmugMug gallery

Comments

• Options
    LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2007
    I like the composition but there's a very slight tilt to the right. And I think I would crop the right side just enough to remove the lighter part of the vine.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2007
    I like the composition and the subject matter. It's a nice setting.

I think this is a classic example of a good composition waiting for the right light. It needs something warm and nostalgic, maybe.

And perhaps it might help balance the shot to see the bottom of the first barrel, as well. That would put the cart more top left third, and reveal more of the cobblestones?

Nice scene, Oliva!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    OctalivaOctaliva Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2007
    LilleG wrote:
    I like the composition but there's a very slight tilt to the right. And I think I would crop the right side just enough to remove the lighter part of the vine.
    Thank you very much!
    I'll tray to crop a little the tree.thumb.gif
    Oliva
    "In the life as in photography, even the must ugly thing has its beautiful side."

My SmugMug gallery
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2007
    wxwax wrote:
    I like the composition and the subject matter. It's a nice setting.

I think this is a classic example of a good composition waiting for the right light. It needs something warm and nostalgic, maybe.

And perhaps it might help balance the shot to see the bottom of the first barrel, as well. That would put the cart more top left third, and reveal more of the cobblestones?

Nice scene, Oliva!
    Thanks, WXWAX
    I apreciate your advice, I review the original shot and this is the bottom, so it's a pite. I'll like to see this option!
    Thanks a lot!
    Oliva

My SmugMug gallery
  • Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    I think you called it right, "a nice shot" However, it does not hold the viewers interest longer than the first read. I agree that the light needs to be more exciting. I would classify this image as a still life. A still life image is one of the most challenging requiring incredible light composition and possibly color. Most of the time the subject alone can carry the interest in the photo but without that intrigue everything else must be extra specialdeal.gif
    thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2007
    I think you called it right, "a nice shot" However, it does not hold the viewers interest longer than the first read. I agree that the light needs to be more exciting. I would classify this image as a still life. A still life image is one of the most challenging requiring incredible light composition and possibly color. Most of the time the subject alone can carry the interest in the photo but without that intrigue everything else must be extra specialdeal.gif
    thumb.gif
    Thank you, Marc
    I think you are rigth. I agree with you.
    Oliva

My SmugMug gallery