Options

Yuk!

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited May 10, 2007 in People
Girl with a cigarette
Cigarette smoke really bothers me. It is almost impossible to go anywhere in Sydney without having to inhale somebody’s smoke. Outside of office buildings, shopping malls and in particular places where young people meet are just big clouds of cigarette smoke. No amount of negative advertising campaigns run by the government seem to get to these people. I may be mistaken but it also seems to be that majority of smokers are foreign students and girls. These things do harm to you and everyone around you.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 10, 2007
    neat shot ted-

I owe much of my livelihood to the tobacco companies (vascular ultrasound tech)-

another irony is you can get photos like this day in and day out in front of the hospital where I work-
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2007
    Good picture. I can't believe I use to smoke...what a disgusting habit that was. Glad I quit...and the funny thing was...it was easy...I just gave it up.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 10, 2007
    Seneca wrote:
    Good picture. I can't believe I use to smoke...what a disgusting habit that was. Glad I quit...and the funny thing was...it was easy...I just gave it up.

one of the fortunate few (and I'm one of them), at least in my limited experience-

I've talked to alcoholics/smokers and they give up the alcohol easily, but the cigarettes are a different story entirely-

'Did you know that nicotine is as addictive as heroin or cocaine?'-
    http://teens.drugabuse.gov/mom/mom_nic3.asp

• Options
    Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2007
    Yuck indeed, Ted!

Smoking is the biggest turnoff possible for me. I usually keep distance from smokers, no matter how attractive or interesting or nice people they might be. rolleyes1.gif

But nice shot, though!

Thanks for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago