Options

Buying "gift" prints

cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
edited May 10, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
I have had inquiries in the past of people wanting to purchase prints of their friends for them. These have been from my horse show galleries.
I have done this in the past in print form only, but now I am questioning if that was right or not.

I wondered if I needed a model release signed of the person, to sell a picture to their friend who in turn will be giving the picture back to the person in the picture icon_neutral.gif

Just another grey area, I understand that I am not able to sell that picture to someone to do an advertisment but to sell a picture to someone to give to the person in the picture just confuses the heck outta me! icon_confused.gif

Should I offer an alternative instead...like a gift certificate so the person doesn't actually buy the photo and this leaves it up to the person getting the gift certificate to actually make the purchase!?:scratch :huh

Comments

• Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2007
    Sell it to them.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2007
    Jeffro wrote:
    Sell it to them.

Could you elaborate?ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2007
    cdonovan wrote:
    Could you elaborate?ne_nau.gif
    I sell event photos all the time. I don't check to see who's buying it. It's being sold for personal use. The photo's are taken in without an expectation of privacy. Some call it art. They are not being sold for commercial / adveritisement use.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D