scroll bars under my O images

dave_bass5dave_bass5 Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited May 11, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi Guys
I dont know if this has been covered but i cant seem to find the answer so i thought i would ask.
Im most of my galleries (and because SM is down i cant link to any) when i view a 800x532 image at L size it looks fine but when i go to O i get a scroll bar at the bottom of the image window.
Ive tried different Themes but with the same result although one or two of my galleries seem ok. I normally just use the default SM ones.
I always resize to 800x532 (at least i have done for the past year or so) so im sure the images arent too big to display. Im sure this didnt used to happen
Im using FF and havne ttried IE6/7

Any ideas?

Dave.

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    dave_bass5 wrote:
    Hi Guys
    I dont know if this has been covered but i cant seem to find the answer so i thought i would ask.
    Im most of my galleries (and because SM is down i cant link to any) when i view a 800x532 image at L size it looks fine but when i go to O i get a scroll bar at the bottom of the image window.
    Ive tried different Themes but with the same result although one or two of my galleries seem ok. I normally just use the default SM ones.
    I always resize to 800x532 (at least i have done for the past year or so) so im sure the images arent too big to display. Im sure this didnt used to happen
    Im using FF and havne ttried IE6/7

Any ideas?

Dave.
    Hi Dave :welcome

Do you have a link to one of your photos/galleries where you are seeing this problem? Thanks!
  • dave_bass5dave_bass5 Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Dave :welcome

Do you have a link to one of your photos/galleries where you are seeing this problem? Thanks!

Ivar, Hi
    I see SM is back up and running.
    Ok, ive just realised how to get this to happen. If you first view at L and then change to O you get the scroll bars.

Try this
    http://davepearce.smugmug.com/gallery/863657
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    dave_bass5 wrote:
    Ivar, Hi
    I see SM is back up and running.
    Ok, ive just realised how to get this to happen. If you first view at L and then change to O you get the scroll bars.

Try this
    http://davepearce.smugmug.com/gallery/863657
    Hi Dave,

I see what you are saying.

The photos are the same size, but yet it shows a scrollbar when the original is viewed, as opposed to when the Large is viewed.

I think it's because the pages are slightly different from our side, between the L and O.

I'll have a look and see what exactly is going on. Thanks!
    edited May 11, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Dave,

I see what you are saying.

The photos are the same size, but yet it shows a scrollbar when the original is viewed, as opposed to when the Large is viewed.

I think it's because the pages are slightly different from our side, between the L and O.

I'll have a look and see what exactly is going on. Thanks!

Thanks ivar
    If you can sugest another theme i would use that. i like the SM ones but not too botherd which one i use.
    As i said some of my galleries seem ok but have just noticed the shots in them are 1mm smaller across (531mm).
    Guess size does matter.thumb.gif

Dave.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    dave_bass5 wrote:
    Thanks ivar
    If you can sugest another theme i would use that. i like the SM ones but not too botherd which one i use.
    As i said some of my galleries seem ok but have just noticed the shots in them are 1mm smaller across (531mm).
    Guess size does matter.thumb.gif

Dave.
    Hi Dave, you can look at http://themes.smugmug.com and see them all :)

You can also use the themes menu in your gallery, and just choose them one by one, and see the look :)
    edited May 11, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Dave, you can look at http://themes.smugmug.com and see them all :)

You can also use the themes menu in your gallery, and just choose them one by one, and see the look :)

Andy
    Thanks for that but what i meant was one that works as it should without the scroll bars appearing.

Dave.
    edited May 11, 2007
    dave_bass5 wrote:
    Andy
    Thanks for that but what i meant was one that works as it should without the scroll bars appearing.

Dave.
    Put your originals in Lightbox.

ALL themes will have scrollbars on -O images on the page, in single image view, if the photo is bigger than 800 pixels.
    edited May 11, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Put your originals in Lightbox.

ALL themes will have scrollbars on -O images on the page, in single image view, if the photo is bigger than 800 pixels.
    But they arent bigger than 800. thats the whole point. The L and O sizes are showing the same size.
    There are a couple of my galleries where i didnt resize before uploading but im talking about images that are 800x532.
    thats why i resize all my images now so they look the same at L and O.
    In fact i have just changed one of the themes to Teal and it seemed not to have the scroll bar. went to another gallery, did the same and the scroll bars came back.
    some themes seem worse than others.
    edited May 11, 2007
    dave_bass5 wrote:
    But they arent bigger than 800. thats the whole point. The L and O sizes are showing the same size.
    There are a couple of my galleries where i didnt resize before uploading but im talking about images that are 800x532.
    thats why i resize all my images now so they look the same at L and O.
    In fact i have just changed one of the themes to Teal and it seemed not to have the scroll bar. went to another gallery, did the same and the scroll bars came back.
    some themes seem worse than others.

How's this?

http://davepearce.smugmug.com/gallery/863657/1/146517772/Original

It will vary by theme, but you can add code like this:
    .Original #mainPhoto {width: 798px !important;}
    edited May 11, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    How's this?

http://davepearce.smugmug.com/gallery/863657/1/146517772/Original

It will vary by theme, but you can add code like this:
    .Original #mainPhoto {width: 798px !important;}

Andy
    Thats actually the shot i was talking about in my last message. Yes, that seems ok but look what its done to the portrait style shots.
    Im no good with the code bit though.
    Can i just set the page to default to O and not give the user any option to change it?

Dave.