Options

SE: new version, new web design

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
New version 0.1.0.65 uploaded. I am about to make some major changes, so I decided to upload the little things first which I already did.

Web site got a majot facelift.

Installation/update proces is now more streamlined.

As always, I'd appreciate the feedback, both negative and positive.

Smugmug Explorer
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    New version 0.1.0.65 uploaded. I am about to make some major changes, so I decided to upload the little things first which I already did.

Web site got a majot facelift.

Installation/update proces is now more streamlined.

As always, I'd appreciate the feedback, both negative and positive.

Smugmug Explorer

thumb.gif good lookin' site, nik. and i wish you really well with s.e. clap.gifclap.gif

i think it's way cool that smugmug has opened the apis and such up so that talented folks like you can build useful add-ons.
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2005
    Thanks, Andy!
    andy wrote:
    thumb.gif good lookin' site, nik. and i wish you really well with s.e. clap.gifclap.gif
    I do appreciate your comment!thumb.gif
    andy wrote:
    i think it's way cool that smugmug has opened the apis and such up so that talented folks like you can build useful add-ons.
    I agree:-)
    The only problem now - it takes all my spare time, so I practically have no way to shoot any more:-(. Those shots of my monitor were a vere rare exception..:-)

Anyway - more stuff's coming:-)

Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2005
    Site looks great. It was a much needed improvement and the screenshots help. I've always wondered what you app looked like.

Dave
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2005
    Thanks, Dave!
    dkapp wrote:
    Site looks great. It was a much needed improvement and the screenshots help. I've always wondered what you app looked like.

Dave
    I guess, now you know:-)!:D
    Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2005
    Two months: going strong:-)
    Just wanted to share some statistical info with you guys.

Here's a summary chart of Smugmug Explorer hit counter since the product inception time until today, Feb 7 2005:

15508740-L.jpg

The two peaks correspond to the last two versions.

Thank you for your attention and support!thumb.gif

Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2005
    Great to hear you get so much attention. :D
    Got the latest version today and it seems solid like almost always, but didn't worked much with it.

Congratulations to your website relaunch. Guess that looks more conveniant to newcomers. thumb.gif
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2005
    Thanks, Sebastian!
    Great to hear you get so much attention. :D
    Got the latest version today and it seems solid like almost always, but didn't worked much with it.

Congratulations to your website relaunch. Guess that looks more conveniant to newcomers. thumb.gif
    I have a question, though. You've said "it seems solid like almost always". "Almost": does it mean it didn't work occasionally? If yes, what was the problem?

Did you like the new "installer";-)?

Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    I have a question, though. You've said "it seems solid like almost always". "Almost": does it mean it didn't work occasionally? If yes, what was the problem?

Did you like the new "installer";-)?
    Don't worry...that almost only referred to the one big bug were SE just disappeared...don't even know anything about it anymore...guess I've to look it up in the history. :D

Installer? What's that? Using TC (ctrl+pagedown) and I could copy the exe straight into my SE dir. thumb.gif
    Just opened the installer once for you. :D Looks like the RAR-sfx-gui?! The downer with the installer is that I would have had to enter my SE-path manually (for people using the installer).
    That could mean that you didn't wrote a thing into the registry, what on the other hand is a great thing for me, because I don't use the installer anyways. rolleyes1.gif

What a confusing post...I better get to bed, because I've been again to long here instead of studying...:uhoh
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2005
    OK, thanks!
    Don't worry...that almost only referred to the one big bug were SE just disappeared...don't even know anything about it anymore...guess I've to look it up in the history. :D

Installer? What's that? Using TC (ctrl+pagedown) and I could copy the exe straight into my SE dir. thumb.gif
    Just opened the installer once for you. :D Looks like the RAR-sfx-gui?! The downer with the installer is that I would have had to enter my SE-path manually (for people using the installer).
    That could mean that you didn't wrote a thing into the registry, what on the other hand is a great thing for me, because I don't use the installer anyways. rolleyes1.gif

What a confusing post...I better get to bed, because I've been again to long here instead of studying...:uhoh
    Well, if it happens again please shoot me the log, ok?

Installer - yeah, 'poor man's version'. Default's good, though. Once I have another brain BSOD (so I can't do anything importantyelrotflmao.gif-) I'll play with MSI installer and hopefully figure out smth out of it. But for now rar should do - I think :-)

Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2005
    Just for fun: same stats by 10 PM, same day
    Nikolai wrote:
    Just wanted to share some statistical info with you guys.

Here's a summary chart of Smugmug Explorer hit counter since the product inception time until today, Feb 7 2005:

15508740-L.jpg

The two peaks correspond to the last two versions.

Thank you for your attention and support!thumb.gif

Cheers!1drink.gif
    By 10 pm the pcitures has "slightly" changed:

15531572-L.jpg

Total count (since the first upload) is almost 2,000 (just less than 10 hits shy:).
    Thanks!clap.gif