Search by meta data

leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited November 28, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I may be missing something -- but I'd like the ability to search my own photos for camera/lens/focal length/shutter/aperture.

Is there a way?

Lee

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    leebase wrote:
    I may be missing something -- but I'd like the ability to search my own photos for camera/lens/focal length/shutter/aperture.

Is there a way?

Lee
    Hi Lee, there is not, I'm sorry. We'd love to have it, we've asked the SmugSorcerers. No promises on if/when, it's not as simple as turning on a switch... wish I had a better answer for you!
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Lee, there is not, I'm sorry. We'd love to have it, we've asked the SmugSorcerers. No promises on if/when, it's not as simple as turning on a switch... wish I had a better answer for you!

Ok. Maybe someday.

Lee
  • jasoncainejasoncaine Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    Similar Question ... I think?!
    I do all of my post-processing in Adobe Lightroom and do all of my keywording in there as well. When I export my photos to my desktop and then upload to SmugMug, does all of that keywording remain intact or does it get stripped when it's uploaded? For example: I have a photo gallery titled "wausaukee" and the keyword "wausaukee" is on each photo in that set. If I have my gallery set to be seen by Google, would that image be indexed by google based on my diligent work in keywording in Lightroom?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    Hi jason be sure you have the setting in LR to retain the metadata on export. We'll read it fine then thumb.gif
  • jasoncainejasoncaine Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    Awesome! That's how I roll!