PS Elements - unintentional Inverted effects?

marymary Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
edited May 16, 2007 in Finishing School
:dunno

I tried to search in this forum for an answer to my question, and I apologize in advance if I overlooked it. So....

My effects palletes are inverting when I apply. Specifically, the spatter border. The spatter goes outward from the photo edges rather than inward like it should. I must have something set to invert somewhere because I've used it before and it worked fine. :scratch

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• marymary Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    Darn, 15,000 dgrinners and no ideas for me. Ok, how about this one...

Also in PS Elements... the effect frame that is called Vignette, every time I appy it changes the background layer to white. Of course you have to flatten the images to make the effect work, but I want a black background not white. Anyone know if I can somehow make Vignette work on black? kwim?

Thanks for your ideas. Just trying to soften the edges of a b&w photo against a black background.

bowdown.gif
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    I haven't used Elements in years but check this link. I suspect both problems could have something to do with checking "select" and choosing "inverse" and then not selecting "deselect".
  • marymary Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    Thank you very much!
    :D
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2007
    If you could do some screen shots (pc - ctrl and Print Screen) and post here to show us instead of trying to put into words that would help a ton. I am having a hard time visualizing what you are saying and what you are wanting to accomplish.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me