What do you guys think of this one for translucent?

gmonkehgmonkeh Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
edited May 11, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I've been a little depressed lately, so for no apparent reason I woke up this morning, grabbed my camera hopped in my car and just drove. Ended up in a place called Seabeck, WA. I'm glad I did, got rid of the blues for sure.

Here's one of the shots that I thougt would work for the latest theme.

I call it...... "I'm Okaye" if you look closely you'll see why. And it kind of fits with how I ended up feeling after I was done shooting/refelecting.

78596533.jpg
http://www.reverbphotography.com
Nikon D300
Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
Nikkor 80-200 AF-D ED f/2.8
2 Alien Bees AB800
Nikon Speedlight SB800
Elinchrome Skyport Triggers

Comments

• LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    I like the shot, but I don't see the translucent in it
  • gmonkehgmonkeh Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    Doesn't water have translucent properties?
    http://www.reverbphotography.com
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    Nikkor 80-200 AF-D ED f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
    Elinchrome Skyport Triggers
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    gmonkeh wrote:
    Doesn't water have translucent properties?

It can be if it is murky or deep enough, but in this shot I see the reflection off the water not light tranmitting through it. To really show translucency you need to show how the light is affected as it travels through the water.
  • mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    I'm not seeing translucent in that shot. If you could clearly see the rocks and sand at the bottom of the water, I think it'd be a good entry.
  • di-quesodi-queso Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    Just a quick definition
    mwgrice wrote:
    I'm not seeing translucent in that shot. If you could clearly see the rocks and sand at the bottom of the water, I think it'd be a good entry.

:baldy
    In optics, transparency is the property of allowing light to pass. Transparent materials can be seen through; that is, they allow clear images to pass. The opposite property is opacity. Translucent materials allow light to pass through them only diffusely, that is, the material distorts the image. Also known as diaphaneity, a commonly used term in mineralogy
    New toys: Mamiya 645 Pro Tl with 80mm,55mm,150mm,120,220,and Polaroid backs:wink
    Nikon D100 with MB-D100,Nikon D70S,Nikon N90S with grip,Sigma 18-200 DC, Sigma 20mm,Nikon AF 70-300,Nikon 17-55 AF-S, Nikon, 500mm Reflex, and about 15 other old school Nikon lenses inherited from my dad...