Options

Imokaye

gmonkehgmonkeh Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
edited May 11, 2007 in Landscapes
I was thinking of submitting this shot for the latest challenge. But I guess it's not translucent enough. :cry

Did you ever have a day when you just wanted to hop in your car, choose a direction and just keep driving? Well I had one of those days today, I've been in a deep rut for the last week or so, I've been trying to find a job here in the area and it's proving to be harder than I thought, it seems like if you're not military you don't have that good of a chance here in Bremerton.

But I digress, I was depressed, hopped in my car, and just drove. Ended up in a small town called Seabeck, WA.

On the end of my little journey, I experienced an epiphany of sorts.... So through it all, I guess I'm Okaye.

78596533.jpg
http://www.reverbphotography.com
Nikon D300
Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
Nikkor 80-200 AF-D ED f/2.8
2 Alien Bees AB800
Nikon Speedlight SB800
Elinchrome Skyport Triggers

Comments

• Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    I really like this...the personal story makes it even more meaningful. That little boat looks to be struggling a bit, yet it says "I'm Okaye." Maybe mirroring a bit how you were feeling? I like the subdued colors and the reflection that looks painted. A lovely shot, one you will probably remember well. All the best!

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    I like this shot too. It's got a neat effect, making it almost look painted - especially the water. Seems very peaceful.

I'm glad you're okaye

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)