Strawberries in negative space!

DLutzDLutz Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited May 14, 2007 in Holy Macro
OK, I was thinking of the old Muppet's skit "pigs in space" LOL I am a nut what else can I say, here we have a tribute to the West Tennessee Strawberry Festival, and I thought they came out good enough to eat...

Shot with a AB400 9x36 strip soft box camera left a AB400 w/grid 20 degree on the boom as the hair light (Yes I can see hair on thees) and a gold 5 in 1 12x24 oval for front fill...

Tripod mounted Canon 20D with 24-70mm f/208L shot at ISO 100 1/250 sec. f/10 at 70mm used mirror lockup to avoid camera shake (makes for a super sharp image) black muslin draped over shooting table, covered with plexi to add reflections...

Color saturation/vibrancy and exposure set in Adobe Lightroom...

img_4863-edit-2.jpg
--Daniel
"Capturing Moments in Time Since 1975"
For more of my images check out my photo blog:

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    Love it! clap.gifclap Very nice and straight to the point, no other distractions. Thanks for sharing. This is very artistic! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    DLutz wrote:
    OK, I was thinking of the old Muppet's skit "pigs in space" Laughing.gif I am a nut what else can I say, here we have a tribute to the West Tennessee Strawberry Festival, and I thought they came out good enough to eat...

Shot with a AB400 9x36 strip soft box camera left a AB400 w/grid 20 degree on the boom as the hair light (Yes I can see hair on thees) and a gold 5 in 1 12x24 oval for front fill...

Tripod mounted Canon 20D with 24-70mm f/208L shot at ISO 100 1/250 sec. f/10 at 70mm used mirror lockup to avoid camera shake (makes for a super sharp image) black muslin draped over shooting table, covered with plexi to add reflections...

Color saturation/vibrancy and exposure set in Adobe Lightroom...

Ooooooww yes please but prefer mine with whipped cream, two scoops of icecream and some hot chocolate fudge :D
    Nice shot thumb.gif ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    Gorgeous shot!
  • Mr. 2H2OMr. 2H2O Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    PIIIIIIIIGS IIIIIIIN SPAAAAAAACE!

Ahhh, I remember it well.

Really nice use of dead space - you did a great job with lighting and concept!

Stawberries are my family's favorite food for summer - just ahead of corn on the cob!

- Mike
    Olympus E-30
    IR Modified Sony F717
    http://2H2OPhoto.smugmug.com
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    Exceptional!!!

Sam
  • DLutzDLutz Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    Thanks guys for all the wonderful comments!
    --Daniel
    "Capturing Moments in Time Since 1975"
    For more of my images check out my photo blog: