Options

Ready? Let's Go.....

saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
edited May 14, 2007 in People
........FLY A KITE! Last Saturday was a beautiful sunny and breezy day. Our family walked over to the neighborhood park to launch my little 17 month old nephew's first kite. It was more fun than you might imagine...........the best part was watching all the adults attempting to get the thing airborne!!! I was especially impressed with how focused my little nephew was and how "thrilled" he seemed to be when he had the "controls" in his hot little chubby hands. He really loves to analyze how things work and it is fun to watch his face. It's nice to know you can still find something fun to do for under $6. Enjoy....hope it brings back some childhood memories (sure did for me!)

So how many men does it take to put a kite together??? It took 3 :huh ..... (EDIT: because they threw away the directions!!!) anyone remember gluing and pasting the old paper ones???
150365165-L.jpg

It took another guy to untangle it everytime it crashed....
150360575-L.jpg

But it finally took a woman to get it airborne! :rofl
150365154-L.jpg

It's great to be in control when you're only 17 months old!!!
150365190-M.jpg

149901777-M.jpg

150351200-M.jpg

149901779-S.jpg

150365204-M.jpg

151341295-L.jpg

150354240-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    ........FLY A KITE! Last Saturday was a beautiful sunny and breezy day. Our family walked over to the neighborhood park to launch my little 17 month old nephew's first kite. It was more fun than you might imagine...........the best part was watching all the adults attempting to get the thing airborne!!! I was especially impressed with how focused my little nephew was and how "thrilled" he seemed to be when he had the "controls" in his hot little chubby hands. He really loves to analyze how things work and it is fun to watch his face. It's nice to know you can still find something fun to do for under $6. Enjoy....hope it brings back some childhood memories (sure did for me!)
    So how many men does it take to put a kite together??? It took 3 eek7.gif .....
    (anyone remember gluing and pasting the old paper ones???)

It took another guy to untangle it everytime it crashed....
    But it finally took a woman to get it airborne! rolleyes1.gif
    It's great to be in control when you're only 17 months old!!!

151341295-L.jpg

I love the effect you've applied to the above shot clap.gif
    That's my favourite out of the bunch thumb.gif ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    I'm sorry to say I'm old enough to remember those "some assembly required" kites. eek7.gif:D Nice capturing of the "adventure" Susan. Looks like a fun time. I can't remember the last time I flew a kite. Chased a few in the boat to photograph, though. eek7.gifrolleyes1.gif Snail kites that was.ne_nau.gif
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 12, 2007
    neat set of pics, susan-

like the last bw the best-

like skippy, I liked your tratment-
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    I love the effect you've applied to the above shot clap.gif
    That's my favourite out of the bunch thumb.gif ... Skippy

Thanks Skippy, that was my favorite shot of the day. I processed with the idea of the nostalgia I was experiencing flying kites which was a favorite Spring ritual when I was growing up.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 12, 2007
    yeah, this was a ritual that I did with my kids, too-

except there never was enough wind around here to get 'em up!-

another one was to by the wiffle ball and bat each spring-

that, sometimes, was a little more successful-
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2007
    I'm sorry to say I'm old enough to remember those "some assembly required" kites. eek7.gif:D Nice capturing of the "adventure" Susan. Looks like a fun time. I can't remember the last time I flew a kite. Chased a few in the boat to photograph, though. eek7.gifrolleyes1.gif Snail kites that was.ne_nau.gif

I'm sorry for both of us Mike!!! Well, not really. I have fond memories of my Dad showing off and making kites from 'scratch' using the balsa sticks and the comic section of the newspaper....yes, we had 'store-bought' (pre-glued!) paper kites, but he so enjoyed building from scratch because it took him back in time as well! There is something about flying kites....perhaps the bonding experienced between parents and children. Or perhaps it's rippppppping up old shirts to make kite tails!!!!!

150367246-S.jpg
    (Who's having more fun here?)
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2007
    gefillmore wrote:
    neat set of pics, susan-

like the last bw the best-

like skippy, I liked your tratment-

Thanks George for always stopping by! Did you notice I'm back on DP? Probably won't last! :)
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2007
    gefillmore wrote:
    yeah, this was a ritual that I did with my kids, too-

except there never was enough wind around here to get 'em up!-

another one was to by the wiffle ball and bat each spring-

that, sometimes, was a little more successful-

Oh yeah.......I was never coordinated enough to play wiffle ball!!!! But it sure was safer than softball. Especially with my deadly hook. :D