Options

I Am Flabbergasted!!!!

photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
edited May 12, 2007 in Journeys
I got a private message this morning to tell me that my Paris thread has been removed from the forum as it is infringement of copyright...
If this is not a journey style post, what is? It is the story in pictures of my trip to Paris, and it is all my self taken photographs. (We had permission to take photographs in the museum)
And I only give a link, I don't actually post my blog on d-grin...
I am appauled beyond words...
I am also very crossed that I get the word as a private message. People have the right to know why I am taken out...
Censurship at its worst...
I guess people that if you want to read more about my Paris trip, you will have to go to http://photocatseyes.typepad.com directly...
I am so p***ed right now...
ian408 wrote:
Greetings,

I just deleted your Paris thread in Journeys.
The reason I removed it is that it is a reproduction
of copyrighted work. If it were a link in a post of
a journey style post, I'd be ok with it. But it's not.
Sorry about that,
Ian

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,909 moderator
    edited May 12, 2007
    photocat wrote:
    I got a private message this morning to tell me that my Paris thread has been removed from the forum as it is infringement of copyright...
    If this is not a journey style post, what is? It is the story in pictures of my trip to Paris, and it is all my self taken photographs. (We had permission to take photographs in the museum)
    And I only give a link, I don't actually post my blog on d-grin...
    I am appauled beyond words...
    I am also very crossed that I get the word as a private message. People have the right to know why I am taken out...
    Censurship at its worst...
    I guess people that if you want to read more about my Paris trip, you will have to go to http://photocatseyes.typepad.com directly...
    I am so p***ed right now...

Sorry that you feel this way. But your post was in fact a google map and not something from your museum visit.

If you look at the base of the google image you posted, you will see a
    copyright notice. That is what got the image deleted.

BTW, if you had a question, you could have replied to my PM. Posting them
    is considered bad form. They are private messages for a reason.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2007
    ian408 wrote:
    Sorry that you feel this way. But your post was in fact a google map and not something from your museum visit.

If you look at the base of the google image you posted, you will see a
    copyright notice. That is what got the image deleted.

BTW, if you had a question, you could have replied to my PM. Posting them
    is considered bad form. They are private messages for a reason.

You could have let me know that the google map is copyrighted... Which I had no clue off, if I had had a clue, I would not have posted it...
    Sheesh....
    You could have asked to remove the google map, I would have taken it out, and I would not be as peeved as I am right now... That is a lot of aggrevation for something SOOO not worth it... I do not intent to breech copyright...
    I do appologize for not having looked better at the google thing... I do appologize for that one, having said that, can my Paris thread be restored?
    And can I post further?
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,909 moderator
    edited May 12, 2007
    Your Paris thread, the one with photos from the museum, are still there. Only
    the post with the google map was removed.

As for posting, absolutely. I have no problem with that. The Paris thread is
    this one.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2007
    ian408 wrote:
    Your Paris thread, the one with photos from the museum, are still there. Only
    the post with the google map was removed.

As for posting, absolutely. I have no problem with that. The Paris thread is
    this one.

Thanks Ian, it will be obvious that I had no clue... All I saw was that my Paris thread had been removed, which made me go into cranky state... (As I thought that all my posts about Paris had been taken out)
    I will never post a google thing again, as I know now...

Thanks for letting me know...
  • Options
    PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    aww happy endings make me so giddy inside. ;)