Options

Pentax Optio s5i help

pseudonympseudonym Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
edited February 7, 2005 in Cameras
Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum to post something like this in (apologies ahead of time if it's not).

I am now the proud owner of my first ever digital camera, as you may have guessed from the thread title, a Pentax Optio s5i. I bought it mainly for it's size in comparison to what it can do (it has more features than you can poke a stick at, some of them I have a suspicion may be useless though).

My main question is does anyone have experience with this camera and if so is there a way to manually set the apeture (sp?) and exposure time ?

I ask only out of marginal curiosity (my level of shooting does not require the manual setting of anything :D).

cheers

Colin

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2005
    From DP review...it says that it has no shutter or aperture priority. So looks like your up the original creek in the original barbed wire canoe re manual settings.
  • Options
    pseudonympseudonym Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited February 7, 2005
    I had an incling this might be the case (given the user manual upon very close inspection umph.gif said nothing about setting these things manually)

nice to have it confirmed from someone in the know though, cheers.

can't say I mind, I am quite satisfied with the point and shoot pictures it takes and that will be 95% of it's use in my hands.

Colin