Gift Subscription For Mother's Day

saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
edited May 12, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I would like to give my niece a gift subscription for a Smugmug account for Mother's Day tomorrow. Her husband (a senior computer tech) failed to back up an entire first year's worth of photographs of their first child and their hard drive crashed. :huh Needless to say, I think this would make a welcomed gift to my niece who loves photographing her little one. Is there a way to set up an account for someone without knowing their user I.D.? If not, I will just have to ask her to set it up, I guess.

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    I would like to give my niece a gift subscription for a Smugmug account for Mother's Day tomorrow. Her husband (a senior computer tech) failed to back up an entire first year's worth of photographs of their first child and their hard drive crashed. eek7.gif Needless to say, I think this would make a welcomed gift to my niece who loves photographing her little one. Is there a way to set up an account for someone without knowing their user I.D.? If not, I will just have to ask her to set it up, I guess.
    You just pick a unique user ID for them as the "xxxx" in xxxx.smugmug.com. If they want to change it after they get the account, it's easy for them to change in their control panel. They will also be able to change the password to something they like. I've gifted several accounts this way.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    You just pick a unique user ID for them as the "xxxx" in xxxx.smugmug.com. If they want to change it after they get the account, it's easy for them to change in their control panel. They will also be able to change the password to something they like. I've gifted several accounts this way.

Great! Thanks alot John! clap.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    Great! Thanks alot John! clap.gif
    Use the Gift Of SmugMug in your control panel thumb.gif
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Use the Gift Of SmugMug in your control panel thumb.gif

I thought I had seen that somewhere! Then it took me about 5 minutes of scouring the page before I located it! Thanks Andy! :D