Possible to upgrade to Pro status for one month?

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited May 13, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I recently upgraded to Power User and have been very happy with the customization and video capabilities.

I may have a local showing coming up on June 7th and thought that this would be a good time to test out the Pro level with custom print prices. I was planning on making a business card (just read through that thread) and setting up a gallery with prices for the photos that I will be displaying as well as other select shots.

However, if, at the end of June, I find that I have not made any sales from this, I likely will not have any use for that level of account. I am moving in July and it will be a while before I can find local shows to reach a similar audience. So, the question is if 'downgrading' an account is possible.
Thanks,
E

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    Hi, when you upgrade, we'll prorate the amount of the pro subscription due, taking into account what you've paid for the power subscription....to the end of your anniversary date. The amount is payable in advance, so you could then downgrade if you needed to on your next anniversary.
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, when you upgrade, we'll prorate the amount of the pro subscription due, taking into account what you've paid for the power subscription....to the end of your anniversary date. The amount is payable in advance, so you could then downgrade if you needed to on your next anniversary.

So upgrade at any time but new level 'sticks' until anniversary when can downgrade. But not able to downgrade at any time. Correct?
    E
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2007
    eoren1 wrote:
    So upgrade at any time but new level 'sticks' until anniversary when can downgrade. But not able to downgrade at any time. Correct?
    E
    Mostly correct. You can downgrade at any time but it's wisest to wait until your anniversary date.
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Mostly correct. You can downgrade at any time but it's wisest to wait until your anniversary date.

Sorry Andy, now I'm confused again. Can you eloborate on that last line?

I'll probably end up making a business card (just read and posted to that thread today) with prices on the back and will do a manual print-fulfillment to see what the demand is for unsigned, unframed prints. If it is decent, I'll jump up to Pro status at that time. Seems like the best way to wade in without getting drenched!
    E
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2007
    eoren1 wrote:
    Sorry Andy, now I'm confused again. Can you eloborate on that last line?
    I think he means that you can downgrade at any time, but won't get a refund on the already paid pro subscription for the year. At the time of your anniversary date you'll then just pay for the downgraded level. That's why it's best to downgrade as close to the renewal date as possible to get the most of it for your money.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero