Abyssmally Slow 05.13.07 10:20pm PST

iklimoniklimon Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
edited May 14, 2007 in SmugMug Support
The site seems abyssmally slow, anyone else having problems this evening?
Ian Klimon
www.klimon.com

Comments

• apark2005apark2005 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 14, 2007
    iklimon wrote:
    The site seems abyssmally slow, anyone else having problems this evening?

same here...
  • SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    Ditto. I can't even get into my PW protected folders, and I'm logged in!!! headscratch.gif
  • PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    Ditto, as of this message post.
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 14, 2007
    In the past, whenever Rafael Nadal wins a major tournament...SmugMug receives a crippling amount of traffic to his photos.

He has just won the Rome Masters for a record 3rd consecutive year...my guess is that this is what is causing SmugMug to be slow for some people.

I haven't heard an official word from Don, this is just speculation.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • iklimoniklimon Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    In the past, whenever Rafael Nadal wins a major tournament...SmugMug receives a crippling amount of traffic to his photos.

He has just won the Rome Masters for a record 3rd consecutive year...my guess is that this is what is causing SmugMug to be slow for some people.

Cheers,

David

That's great for Rafael, not so great for the rest of us. In fact, not cool at all. I've got clients waiting for photos and I can barely move around the site.
    Ian Klimon
    www.klimon.com
    edited May 14, 2007
    iklimon wrote:
    That's great for Rafael, not so great for the rest of us. In fact, not cool at all. I've got clients waiting for photos and I can barely move around the site.

ok...there is no need to shoot the messenger.

I believe that PrimeTime and Don are looking into it.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
    edited May 14, 2007
    iklimon wrote:
    I agree. Actually is sounds like a lame excuse, IMPO. Why should all of us suffer for one client? SM should consider this. This isn't right for the vast majority.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    I can't open any of my galleries, nor can I get into my control panel. I also can't get around my niece's new Smugmug site I gave her today for Mother's Day. Bummer. Oh ... I noticed when attempting to view new threads that not all of the photos will load. This is really effecting the entire site! You're not kidding when you refer to it as "crippling" the site. rolleyes1.gif
    edited May 14, 2007
    Seymore wrote:
    I agree. Actually is sounds like a lame excuse, IMPO. Why should all of us suffer for one client? SM should consider this. This isn't right for the vast majority.

Seymore,

As I mentioned in my initial post, it is speculation. I have trying to contact people, to confirm what the issue might be.

I thought that some response might have been better than none...but i am beginning to think that perhaps I was wrong.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • jtbarrettjtbarrett Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    I'm having the same experience two hours later. I was hoping to get some work done tonight on my site, but that seems fairly impossible this evening. I sure hope it's not due to a single very popular customer; that's not very confidence-inspiring.
    Jeff
    edited May 14, 2007
    ok...looks like the timing of the Nadal thing is a coincedence and nothing more.

PrimeTime and Wireless are at the datacenter as we speak looking at the issue.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
    edited May 14, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    Seymore,

As I mentioned in my initial post, it is speculation. I have trying to contact people, to confirm what the issue might be.

I thought that some response might have been better than none...but i am beginning to think that perhaps I was wrong.
    David... All I can say is that if you don't know, it's best to not say anything. Don't even speculate. This is how false rumors get started. Not a good thing. OK?
    edited May 14, 2007
    I have been informed that the issue has been resolved and speed should be back to normal.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    devbobo wrote:

Cheers,

David

I appreciate the effort, really. It sucks, but yeah...give devbobo some slack, I think he's just trying to help out.

edit:
    I have been informed that the issue has been resolved and speed should be back to normal.
    thanks for the update.
    edited May 14, 2007
    devbobo wrote:

people may have issues accessing their control panel, it's currently being looked at
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    people may have issues accessing their control panel, it's currently being looked at
    I'm one 'dem people! eek7.gif
    edited May 14, 2007
    Thanks for the update David... Appreciative.

I was not trying to get on your case. Just stating is as I see it, and what you were telling us was hard to believe in the first place. Please don't jump the gun next time. You shoot yourself in the foot when you do that, and it makes you less believable the next time around.

Thanks again man... thumb.gif
    edited May 14, 2007
    devbobo wrote:

control panel access should be working again now
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    control panel access should be working again now
    thumb.gif
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    I'm having both speed and control panel issues.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    I have notified our engineers and they are looking into why control panel access is slow/timing out.

Sorry for the hassle, it should be fixed soon.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    Problem should be fixed.