RSS feeds in smugmug pro

nedensnedens Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited May 14, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I just found that some of my galleries are being added to a /hack/rss feed from smugmug.
I don't want any rss feeds at all for my galleries. Is there anyway I can turn that off completely for my account? This is a pretty big deal to me so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Nick

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    nedens wrote:
    I just found that some of my galleries are being added to a /hack/rss feed from smugmug.
    I don't want any rss feeds at all for my galleries. Is there anyway I can turn that off completely for my account? This is a pretty big deal to me so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Nick
    Hi, making your galleries private will remove them from the feeds crawlers. http://www.smugmug.com/help/rss-atom-feeds
  • nedensnedens Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, making your galleries private will remove them from the feeds crawlers. http://www.smugmug.com/help/rss-atom-feeds

Thank you for the quick reply Andy!

I am currently fixing this short term buy passwording all of those galleries. However long term it would make much more sense (to me at least :) ) to have an option per gallery to rss feed it or not.

Right now I have customized my whole smugmug site using categories and subcategories. Then I created my own navigation through it to get to the stuff I want everyone to see. So I have no links on my webpage to the galleries that are showing up in that rss feed. Doing my site this way works for me because I can now send someone a link of say softball games and say goto [websitename]/softball and they will get all of the softball photos. However that is not linked to in the navigation structure I created and so isn't crawled by google.

Does that make sense? What are the odds we can get a off/on rss feed setting per gallery or even for the whole site (as in my whole site)?
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    nedens wrote:
    Does that make sense? What are the odds we can get a off/on rss feed setting per gallery or even for the whole site (as in my whole site)?

Ummm... you already have that. Reread Andy's response and look at the link he posted. Turn off feeds on a per gallery basis by making the galleries private. Turn off feeds sitewide by using CSS.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+