Downloading Albums on Mac and other Q's

carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
edited May 15, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Is there some way I can download my smugmug galleries etc other than using Albumfetcher which I am assuming is windoze only ?

Is there a way to quickly and easily access info about galleries such as the url or gallery no. ?
A list of files in each gallery?
A list of all categories, sub-cats, galleries etc ?

I'm visualizing this in a kind of ssheet format, does this already exist and I'm missing it? Star Explorer looks good, is there something like this for macs?
Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2007
    caroline wrote:
    Is there some way I can download my smugmug galleries etc other than using Albumfetcher which I am assuming is windoze only ?

Is there a way to quickly and easily access info about galleries such as the url or gallery no. ?
    A list of files in each gallery?
    A list of all categories, sub-cats, galleries etc ?

I'm visualizing this in a kind of ssheet format, does this already exist and I'm missing it? Star Explorer looks good, is there something like this for macs?
    What exactly are you aiming to do, maybe more details will enable me to answer you better, thanks Caroline :)
  • carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    What exactly are you aiming to do, maybe more details will enable me to answer you better, thanks Caroline :)
    Hi Andy,
    Regarding the downloading - my housekeeping has not been good :( so i have galleries that only exist on smugmug and I thought i really ought to address this.
    Being a woman "of a certain age" or maybe just a woman, my memory does not always serve me well, I forget what galleries, categories etc I have, so was going to make a list of them with ref. gallery numbers or urls to help me keep track of things - the old fashioned way on a sheet of paper or at least all visible in one place - that is without having to go through my own site to remind me. Can you see where I am going ?
    Thanks, apols for the incoherence.

[/URL]
    edited May 15, 2007
    caroline wrote:
    Hi Andy,
    Regarding the downloading - my housekeeping has not been good :( so i have galleries that only exist on smugmug and I thought i really ought to address this.
    Being a woman "of a certain age" or maybe just a woman, my memory does not always serve me well, I forget what galleries, categories etc I have, so was going to make a list of them with ref. gallery numbers or urls to help me keep track of things - the old fashioned way on a sheet of paper or at least all visible in one place - that is without having to go through my own site to remind me. Can you see where I am going ?
    Thanks, apols for the incoherence.
    :D no worries

How about using SmugBrowser? The awesome Firefox extenstion by Devbobo. It won't allow you to bulk download galleries but you do get an awesome tree view.

http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/SmugMugHacksAndApps
    edited May 15, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    :D no worries

How about using SmugBrowser? The awesome Firefox extenstion by Devbobo. It won't allow you to bulk download galleries but you do get an awesome tree view.

http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/SmugMugHacksAndApps
    Andy
    I use SmugBrowser:D, yep very good, it does go part way to what I want, no gallery numbers though? Ok so I can't have it all! I was really checking that I'm not missing some place this info is available.

Would ordering a backup dvd solve part of the problem of not being able download galleries on the mac then ? Can you please advise ?

Or maybe buying a pc as well :)

[/URL]
    edited May 15, 2007
    caroline wrote:
    Andy
    I use SmugBrowser:D, yep very good, it does go part way to what I want, no gallery numbers though? Ok so I can't have it all! I was really checking that I'm not missing some place this info is available.

Would ordering a backup dvd solve part of the problem of not being able download galleries on the mac then ? Can you please advise ?

Or maybe buying a pc as well :)
    Sure you can order a backup dvd, that will give you everything on your site, all in folders. Have you thought about running Parallels on your mac and using Album Fetcher?
    edited May 15, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Sure you can order a backup dvd, that will give you everything on your site, all in folders. Have you thought about running Parallels on your mac and using Album Fetcher?

Thank you Andy,
    I didn't know about Parallelsheadscratch.gif but i'm going to give it a go, I was just about to download the trial,but before doing so, do you or smugmug have an affiliate acc with them ?

[/URL]
    edited May 15, 2007
    caroline wrote:
    Thank you Andy,
    I didn't know about Parallelsheadscratch.gif but i'm going to give it a go, I was just about to download the trial,but before doing so, do you or smugmug have an affiliate acc with them ?
    No, we don't. It's agreat program though, we ALL use it at SmugMug. Intel Mac only btw. But it's super. You need Windows XP, too, just FYI. But it's da bomb, I run several windows only programs on my Macs, and it's quite good!
    edited May 15, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    No, we don't. It's agreat program though, we ALL use it at SmugMug. Intel Mac only btw. But it's super. You need Windows XP, too, just FYI.
    That will take me a little longer to organise
    Thanks for the info Andy.
    Cheers
    Caroline

[/URL]