Sharing originals with my client?

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited May 16, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I want to make it really easy for a client of mine to download originals from my private gallery. I'm not sure what platform/browser s/he is using. Is there a canned set of instructions I can send? (I know what to tell someone using firefox. I know what to tell someone competent to compose a template and an image number to make a new URL. I don't know the easy cross platform instructions.)
If not now, when?

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2007
    rutt wrote:
    I want to make it really easy for a client of mine to download originals from my private gallery. I'm not sure what platform/browser s/he is using. Is there a canned set of instructions I can send? (I know what to tell someone using firefox. I know what to tell someone competent to compose a template and an image number to make a new URL. I don't know the easy cross platform instructions.)
    Turn on originals under "gallery tools" "customize gallery". Then in the
    photobar flyout there will be a save (original) icon. If the gallery is just private
    anyone with the direct link can get to it. Might want to add a password also.

Other styles then Smugmug should have a link for the original.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Turn on originals under "gallery tools" "customize gallery". Then in the
    photobar flyout there will be a save (original) icon. If the gallery is just private
    anyone with the direct link can get to it. Might want to add a password also.

Other styles then Smugmug should have a link for the original.

Thanks, that's great! Is there an equally easy way for them to download different sized versions?
    If not now, when?
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2007
    rutt wrote:
    Thanks, that's great! Is there an equally easy way for them to download different sized versions?
    Other then to right click on photo don't know.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Other then to right click on photo don't know.

Not all platforms/browsers have right click like this. At least that's what I think. Am I wrong?
    If not now, when?
  • DnaDna Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2007
    rutt wrote:
    An alternative is to enable digital downloads in your pricing, they can then download, 1Mpix, 4 Mpix and original photos. Downside is that is a bit fiddly and they have to pay something (even just 1 cent.)

Andrew
  • com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2007
    what if you only wanted specific people to be able to d/l originals? not private or password protected galleries... i know there's not... :D

i think it's be pretty cool to have a password box somewhere within a gallery that'd allow originals to be displayed for that person(s) with the password ONLY.