Options

Canon?! Cannnnooonnnn!!! (Gozo, Malta)

PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
edited May 19, 2007 in Journeys
Okay so that was a sad impersonation of Castaway when Tom Hanks was screaming Willllssooonnn! But hey I'm on an island too!

Okay so I have been camping the last few days on the small island of Gozo here in Malta. Its been a great time and I finally got my one of my lifelong dreams realized when I got to go Scuba diving!! Spent 57 minutes in the water and it was incredible. No pictures of that cause my camera I dont have a case for. But theres lots of other pictures...so here they are!

This was the view from my first campsite. I took this 10 feet from my tent. Beautiful place (Ramla Beach)

malta01.jpg

They had some beautiful flowers in the area. Anyone know the name of them?
malta02.jpg

In the morning i made my way to Victoria where I visited the Citadel as they called it. Neat place which was completley empty except for me. I loved it. This is where they escaped to when all went bad in the city.
malta03.jpg

The churches dominate the skyline.
malta04.jpg

This island is only about 9 miles long at its longest. You can walk across the entire island in a day.
malta05.jpg

Alls quiet in the Citadel.
malta06.jpg

This is an area they call the Inland Sea.
malta07.jpg

They have some of the clearest water in the Mediterranean. This site is apparently #3 on the 10 best dive spots in the world.

The Azure Window.
malta09.jpg

Fungus Rock with Azure Window behind it. They call it Fungus Rock because there is a fungus that grows only on that rock that has been known to have curing properties. They believe it to be Magical.
malta10.jpg

I stepped to see if the camera was ready to shoot and it took my picture! ha. I liked it though so this is the picture of me in Gozo.
malta11.jpg

Some cliffs near sunset beyond the town of Xlendi
malta12.jpg

Prime real estate.
malta13.jpg

The mornings catch in Xlendi.
malta14.jpg

Goodbye Gozo! Seya again soon perhaps!
malta15.jpg

Btw for those of you who are movie buffs there are lots of parts here on the island that were in movies. But if you look in the last picture of the ferry you may see the Castle in the background which doubled as the Chateau d'If in the 2003 Version of The Count of Monte Cristo. I am back in Malta now and will be out seeing the sites here! So soon more!

Comments