How to password protect an entire category?

AndreiAndrei Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited May 16, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Please, help. I'd like to password protect my "personal galleries" category. How can I do it? :dunno

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2007
    Andrei wrote:
    Please, help. I'd like to password protect my "personal galleries" category. How can I do it? ne_nau.gif

Thanks in advance!
    You have to do every gallery. Try Dev's SmugBrowser, think you can do it
    with bulk-update there on the category and it will flow down to all galleries
    under it.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=47484&highlight=smugbrowser
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2007
    Andrei wrote:
    Please, help. I'd like to password protect my "personal galleries" category. How can I do it? ne_nau.gif

Thanks in advance!
    Hi Andrei, welcome to dgrin wave.gif

It is not possible to password protect a category. What you can do, is password protect each gallery with the same password. People who have the password only need to enter the password once. As long as it is the same password, they can simply change between galleries and they will not be asked for a password again.

Hope this helps. Holler if you have any questions.
  • AndreiAndrei Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 16, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Andrei, welcome to dgrin wave.gif

It is not possible to password protect a category. What you can do, is password protect each gallery with the same password. People who have the password only need to enter the password once. As long as it is the same password, they can simply change between galleries and they will not be asked for a password again.

Hope this helps. Holler if you have any questions.

Thank you for quick response!
    I know what you are saying. The thing is, as many people, I have a few groups of freinds. I(and them) do not want them to see photos of the other group an maybe even know that an event took place; because it raises a question: "why I was not invited?".

So, I do not want the names of galleries to be visible to everyone as well.

I hope SmugMug can easily add this feature and plans to do so.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2007
    Andrei wrote:
    Thank you for quick response!
    I know what you are saying. The thing is, as many people, I have a few groups of freinds. I(and them) do not want them to see photos of the other group an maybe even know that an event took place; because it raises a question: "why I was not invited?".

So, I do not want the names of galleries to be visible to everyone as well.

I hope SmugMug can easily add this feature and plans to do so.
    Would sharegroups work for you?
  • AndreiAndrei Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 16, 2007
    I have considered them already. Still, it creates extra work for me to email the link to ~30 people every time I post something new; plus, email management; plus.... many little things which would not came up if there was a password. They could simply come in and check for them-selves.

Is there any CSS way to protect a category with a password?