Options

Ever been to Cabo Mexico?

greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
What are the must sees for photographing?

I'm going next month for a friends wedding and hanging around for the rest of the week. I've never been to Mexico but I'm excited about the photo potential.
Andrew
initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange

Comments

• Options
    CavalierPhotoCavalierPhoto Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2007
    Sure, the Arch is cool and is the popular subject at the end of the peninsula in Los Cabos. Got some cool pictures around the marina in Los Cabos as well when my wife and I honeymooned there in 2004. Didn't get to spend any time in San Jose but I hear it's fairly picturesque. It's been a few years and I know there was a lot of construction going on down there and from what I hear it hasn't let up.

Enjoy it!
  • Options
    greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    Thanks. The natural beauty of the area is definatley going to provide plenty of photographic opportunities.

However, I look at the web sites and guides and everything looks like any other sunny toursist locale. Nice new resorts, sunny beaches, and margaritas. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to love that part. :D But since I've never been to Mexico what I'm really hoping for is some old Mexico flavor and color. Any suggestions of town or areas to visit?
    Andrew
    initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • Options
    CavalierPhotoCavalierPhoto Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    Check out Todos Santos
    greenpea wrote:
    Thanks. The natural beauty of the area is definatley going to provide plenty of photographic opportunities.

However, I look at the web sites and guides and everything looks like any other sunny toursist locale. Nice new resorts, sunny beaches, and margaritas. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to love that part. :D But since I've never been to Mexico what I'm really hoping for is some old Mexico flavor and color. Any suggestions of town or areas to visit?

It's a little north of Cabo but should provide some old Mexico flavor and color. Plus there's supposed to be some awesome surf there as well.

Here's a link to one of their visitors sites:
    http://www.todossantos.cc/todossantosimages.html