Smugmug Image Upload Problems

vagabondvistasvagabondvistas Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited May 17, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I joined Smugmug today with hopes of marketing/selling some prints from an event that I shot recently. I have created an album for my event, and was in a position to start uploading images. I use Firefox browser (2.0.0.2). When I click "add photos", my browser freezes up for a couple of minutes, and I then get the page that presents my upload options. When I choose "Drag and drop", I get page that is supposed to have a "green smuggy" on it where I drop my files into. I do not have a green smuggy! I have a gray box with a tea cup in the upper left corner.

I contacted Smugmug, and they suggested that I use their Mac Uploader. I downloaded it, and tried again, but...

Two problems occur: 1) When I double-click the launch icon, the uploader window appears, but I get the dreaded Apple color-wheel spinning for about two or three minutes before the log-in window pops up. 2) Once the log-in window appears, I enter my e-mail and password, but nothing happens. I don't get the color-wheel, but the window is frozen for about five minutes before it finally gives up.

Can anyone help me with this?

Dave

Comments

• PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2007
    If you're having difficulty with the standard uploaders, try using one of the uploaders this is listed at
    http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/SmugMugHacksAndApps

Paul

PS: The "tea-cup" icon you see is actually a "Coffee cup of Java coffee" and represents the java process on your browser. The standard uploader normally takes around 10 seconds to load via Java - it is possible that there is a problem with your Java set-up.