Advice on slideshow programs?

docbelldocbell Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited May 19, 2007 in Finishing School
I am going to be doing the photography this summer for a 5 day cattle drive. At the conclusion of the event, there will be a banquet dinner, where I am planning on presenting a slideshow of the weeks thrills and spills. Soooo, I'm looking for a program for creating a slideshow with options like adding music, synchronizing photos to the music ... I did a search online, but there were many different options, so any advice on personal experience with something like this (experience good and bad) would be appreciated.
Thanx in advance- Kevin.

Comments

• W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    For which platform? ne_nau.gif
  • docbelldocbell Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    Windows vista.
  • SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    I have used ProShow Gold for about two years now. Have had no issues and have produced several slides synched to music. You can find it at www.photodex.com

Shane
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
  • mdavismdavis Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited May 19, 2007
    About a year ago, I looked at several options for slideshows, and Proshow Gold won my bucks. The main thing I liked about it is that you can zoom/pan which gives a dynamic effect to your slides. This allows you to keep the viewer's attention a bit better than a static image. Ken Burns uses this effect very well in his Civil War series and other historical presentations in which the majority of the images are old still photos.
  • mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    Another ProShow Gold vote
    I also can recommend ProShow Gold. I have been using it for several years after many frustrating experiences with other software.

Here is a link to some slideshows created with ProShow Gold.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/spotlight/