Options

age gets us all...

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited February 24, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
This chap just dropped in...wasnt too interested in flying. Looked tired...his/her wings are starting to lose their scales...see through in one spot. Lost a lot of colour as well.

2538193-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Richard CabesaRichard Cabesa Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2004
    Nice shot. Just a touch more depth of field would have been nice.

David
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2004
    Nice shot. Just a touch more depth of field would have been nice.

David
    Yep...always a tough one for me richard. I assume this shallowness is due to a large aperture ?
  • Options
    Richard CabesaRichard Cabesa Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Yep...always a tough one for me richard. I assume this shallowness is due to a large aperture ?
    nod.gif Yep, large aperture (small nunber) = less depth of field. Always a tough fight to get enough light AND enough depth of field.

David
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2004
    Humungus wrote:

Looks like it was shot in the macro setting. ?? If so, shallow depth of field is a given. Best way to focus might be to make sure your focus is set to "center weight", then set your focus by aiming the middle of the frame at the part you want in focus, half pushing the trigger, then reframing the shot and firing. ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    This chap just dropped in...wasnt too interested in flying. Looked tired...his/her wings are starting to lose their scales...see through in one spot. Lost a lot of colour as well.

2538193-L.jpg
    Thats sad Humy...it's a she I think... poor ole' girl:cry I've never seen an old butterfly before.
    Lynn
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2004
    You can tell she's old by all the grey hairs on her chin and chest. Classic sign on a butterfly.

:D
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au