Options

TNT Express???

Addman8Addman8 Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
edited May 27, 2007 in Flea Market
[FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have a deal pending with a guy who is in the UK and wants to use TNT Express for a third party delivery/payment system. The deal on camera and lenses is a really, really good deal for me and I just feel like it's too good to be true.

Anyone use TNT that can speak of it's reputation??

thanks
[/FONT]
Matt Addington
Photography & Design
Minnesota
www.mattaddington.com

Comments

• Options
    andymillsonandymillson Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    Addman8 wrote:
    [FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have a deal pending with a guy who is in the UK and wants to use TNT Express for a third party delivery/payment system. The deal on camera and lenses is a really, really good deal for me and I just feel like it's too good to be true.

thanks
    [/FONT]

When I was living in the UK I had used TNT as a delivery service. Seemed like a reasonable comapny at the time. I have never used them for a payment option tho, so cannot speak to that side of things

Andy
    A Brit among the HAWKEYES
    Canon 5D Mk III
    Canon 24-105L IS USM; Canon 16-35 f/2.8L USM; Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II
    Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG HSM; Bigma 50-500 f/4-6.3 EX DG HSM
    My Galleries
  • Options
    di-quesodi-queso Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    just saw a thing on craigslist about this
    When I was living in the UK I had used TNT as a delivery service. Seemed like a reasonable comapny at the time. I have never used them for a payment option tho, so cannot speak to that side of things

Andy

I was browsing Craigslist when I saw this thing about TNT with a big warning about being a scam.....

If interested I emailed it to myself and can forward it too you.
    New toys: Mamiya 645 Pro Tl with 80mm,55mm,150mm,120,220,and Polaroid backs:wink
    Nikon D100 with MB-D100,Nikon D70S,Nikon N90S with grip,Sigma 18-200 DC, Sigma 20mm,Nikon AF 70-300,Nikon 17-55 AF-S, Nikon, 500mm Reflex, and about 15 other old school Nikon lenses inherited from my dad...
  • Options
    di-quesodi-queso Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    here it is!!!
    Addman8 wrote:

thanks
    [/FONT]
    SCAM!!!Canon 20D, 70-200 f/2.8 IS USM, 17-50 IS USM Package - $1200

Reply to: sale-335297537@craigslist.org
    Date: 2007-05-21, 10:27AM

Be very wary of the post for the camera equipment mentioned in the post. The seller claims to be in Manchester, England and wants you to send money to an escrow and delivery company called TNT.

If it sounds too good to be true it very well might be!

Original URL: http://denver.craigslist.org/pho/335297537.html
    this craigslist posting was forwarded to you by someone using our
    email-a-friend feature - if you want to prevent these, please go to:
    http://www.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/te/zVGZ6FGa4IXZ5BEOvhWYj5ybA02bu

New toys: Mamiya 645 Pro Tl with 80mm,55mm,150mm,120,220,and Polaroid backs:wink
    Nikon D100 with MB-D100,Nikon D70S,Nikon N90S with grip,Sigma 18-200 DC, Sigma 20mm,Nikon AF 70-300,Nikon 17-55 AF-S, Nikon, 500mm Reflex, and about 15 other old school Nikon lenses inherited from my dad...
  • Options
    YATYAT Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 22, 2007
    di-queso wrote:
    SCAM!!!Canon 20D, 70-200 f/2.8 IS USM, 17-50 IS USM Package - $1200

Reply to: sale-335297537@craigslist.org
    Date: 2007-05-21, 10:27AM

Be very wary of the post for the camera equipment mentioned in the post. The seller claims to be in Manchester, England and wants you to send money to an escrow and delivery company called TNT.

If it sounds too good to be true it very well might be!

Original URL: http://denver.craigslist.org/pho/335297537.html
    this craigslist posting was forwarded to you by someone using our
    email-a-friend feature - if you want to prevent these, please go to:
    http://www.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/te/zVGZ6FGa4IXZ5BEOvhWYj5ybA02bu

This same ad has appeared on craiglist in Dallas and Oklahoma City. It is a scam.
  • Options
    dhlewisdhlewis Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2007
    YAT wrote:
    This same ad has appeared on craiglist in Dallas and Oklahoma City. It is a scam.

Also in Cleveland, I emailed a couple of different times, story is always the same, lives in Cleveland but his company transfered him for 6 months to the UK.

dale@dhlewisphotography.com
    http://dhlewisphotography.com