Champ Car Races - Pit Stop

IotaIota Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited May 18, 2007 in Sports
153558662-M-2.jpg

The above image was taken with a Canon SD500 P&S camera in burst/continuious mode during a pitstop. It's also my first 'real' attempt at post production work. (Thanks to everyone that contributed to all the Tutorials and FAQs here--they were a big help.)

The last few events I've attended (ChampCars especially) really made be want a DSLR. (other than my old film one) so this past weekend I procured a Xti with an EF 28-135IS lens and a 430EX flash so I hope to have some even better pictures to share in the future.

-Chris

Comments

• RazRaz Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    awesome Chris! seems like the car's coming out of the picture. Very good clap.gif
    If you're into post production, maybe you can consider oobing?
    http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=44725

Raz
    "Each piece, or part, of the whole of nature is always merely an
    approximation to the complete truth..."

-- Richard Feynman (1918-1988)

My Galleries
  • JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    Nice work, Chris. I don't usually like the selective color thing, but this has a kind of 3D like effect that is just cool to look at..........I find the color on the car in the BG a little distracting though.
  • IotaIota Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    JohnEBongo wrote:
    Nice work, Chris. I don't usually like the selective color thing, but this a a kind of 3D like effect that is just cool to look at..........I find the color on the car in the BG a little distracting though.

153850253-M.jpg

Here's a revised photo. I agree with your point with 2nd car in color being a bit of a distraction. When I originally started coloring, I didn't anticipate such a 3d affect and I was just interested in featuring the cars. Now that it came out so well (the 3d affect) I think going back to b&w on the 2nd car provides more 'depth' to the look.

Raz, Thanks for the link; *Very* cool stuff. Here's a quick first try of OOB with the above pic slightly modified.
    153880107-M.jpg