Are prints anonymous?

TanukiTanuki Registered Users Posts: 184 Major grins
edited May 21, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I'm under the impression that when I send prints to friends and relatives, that there won't be any indication on or in the package that indicates it was from me. Is this true? I would to include a comment card with the photos, with a personalized message, but I don't see any way to do that.

On a related subject, I would like my captions to be printed on the back of the photo. Is there any option to do this?

Mike

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2007
    Tanuki wrote:
    I'm under the impression that when I send prints to friends and relatives, that there won't be any indication on or in the package that indicates it was from me. Is this true? I would to include a comment card with the photos, with a personalized message, but I don't see any way to do that.

On a related subject, I would like my captions to be printed on the back of the photo. Is there any option to do this?

Mike

I don't know about the comment card, but for printing the caption on the back of the photo see this help page on backprinting.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • TanukiTanuki Registered Users Posts: 184 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    I don't know about the comment card, but for printing the caption on the back of the photo see this help page on backprinting.

Thanks for the info. I was really excited about using this, until I realized it's only available for pro users, and I'm only a power user. Maybe Smugmug will make this available to power users in the future.
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2007
    Tanuki wrote:
    I would to include a comment card with the photos, with a personalized message, but I don't see any way to do that.
    This is a feature that has been requested over and over by many SM users.

If you get tired of waiting for SM to implement it, Exposure Manager is another option that includes all kinds of ways to personalize the packaging on your prints sent to people:

http://www.exposuremanager.com/

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2007
    Why not make up a comment card in Photoshop and send it alone with the other prints as a 3x5 print?

Bear
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2007
    behr655 wrote:
    Why not make up a comment card in Photoshop and send it alone with the other prints as a 3x5 print?

Bear

How would you do this? Is there a way to upload an additional photo after someone places an order?

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

edited May 21, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    This is a feature that has been requested over and over by many SM users.

If you get tired of waiting for SM to implement it, Exposure Manager is another option that includes all kinds of ways to personalize the packaging on your prints sent to people:

http://www.exposuremanager.com/

I'm surprised Smugmug hasn't implemented this yet. I was able to do this with my Shutterfly account almost 10 years ago.

I appreciate the suggestion for exposuremanager. I'm going to hold off for now, because I really like Smugmug for most purposes and I have a bit of brand loyalty for them. Hopefully they'll continue to grow and develop like I expect them to.
    Behr655 wrote:

That's not a bad idea! I might try that in the future. Thanks.
    edited May 21, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    How would you do this? Is there a way to upload an additional photo after someone places an order?

I think he means that you upload and add it to your shopping cart before you place your order.