Options

Little Girl in the Garden

sparkyphotogsparkyphotog Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited May 19, 2007 in People
Here are a couple of photos I grabbed of my little girl while she was planting some flowers in the garden. These were taken late in the evening, and I really like the rich, dark tones of the earth and the shrubs in the background. Comments welcome.

Nikon D70, 18-200 DX lens
153989980-M.jpg

153989614-M.jpg
Sparky

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

- A friend -

Comments

• Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    I like the tones too. They look like you have used a PS action on them. I also like the thoughtful expressions on her face which seem to enhance the mood along with the lighting. Very painterly, sort of Rembrandt.
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    Beautiful girl! thumb.gif I too like the rich colors, nicely done!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    Love those shots!

They're very casual, and have this nice painterly look, as it was already pointed out. Very cool!

Thanks for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 19, 2007
    coupla neat shots and a cute young lady-
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    I REALLY like #1. Great color.
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    I like the tones too. They look like you have used a PS action on them. I also like the thoughtful expressions on her face which seem to enhance the mood along with the lighting. Very painterly, sort of Rembrandt.

Thanks for the comments. thumb.gif The only adjustments done were white balance and contrast in Nikon Capture. I did boost the saturation of the greens slightly in PS to bring it back to what it looked like to my eye when shot. No other post processing was done.
    Sparky

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

- A friend -
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2007
    Love those shots!

They're very casual, and have this nice painterly look, as it was already pointed out. Very cool!

Thanks for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago

Thanks! thumb.gif My daughter and I had a wonderful, relaxing evening planting flowers and chatting about what's going on in her life these days. I picked up the camera and grabbed a few frames, no more than about 10 shots total, with these two being the clear winners. I was lucky in that the relaxed, happy mood of the evening is evident in the photos. Thanks again! :D
    Sparky

- A friend -