B&H has the sigmonster for a full $2,000

MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
edited May 20, 2007 in Cameras
less than anyone else. Is that correct? Did they make a mistake on the website? If not, that seems like a pretty good deal. I have been looking for a good deal on the Canon 500mm and came upon this. Too good to be true or can B&H really do this because of volume sales?

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited May 19, 2007
    Maestro wrote:
    less than anyone else. Is that correct? Did they make a mistake on the website? If not, that seems like a pretty good deal. I have been looking for a good deal on the Canon 500mm and came upon this. Too good to be true or can B&H really do this because of volume sales?

But the shipping comes to $1500.

(kdding, of course :D)
  • MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    But the shipping comes to $1500.

(kdding, of course :D)

:haha I even calculated shipping to my humble abode. It was about $50.00 USD.
  • Bayer-Z28Bayer-Z28 Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    Auto enthusiast. I drive a 2000 Camaro Z28. LOADED w/ mods.

Camera: Nikon D80, 18-55 f3.5 stocker & 18-200 Nikon VR.... with a small collection of filters..

My Smugmug.. STILL Under construction.
    http://bayer-Z28.smugmug.com
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    ne_nau.gif Not the same lens.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    Maestro wrote:

Price is back to normal now ... 4999$
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
    edited May 19, 2007
    Manfr3d wrote:
    Price is back to normal now ... 4999$

Actually that price is the $2,000 USD smaller price. What's up with that? Everywhere else is more like $6,9999.00.
    edited May 20, 2007
    I figured it out.
    That sigmonster for apparently $2,000 less than everywhere else is only for the Sigma DSLR mount. All other mounts are back up at the regular price. I knew it was too good to be true. :cry