Options

Spider web on a fence

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited May 20, 2007 in Landscapes
spider-web-on-a-fence_MG_6076.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=a3e6b98c501fd4478c6f7a1d074e0045
This morning I have taken a number of photos at a fence dividing the local football field and a farm. It was still very early in the morning and the sun only started to shine through the bush, which creates the eastern wall for both these properties. It was wet thus the warming air temperature created quite a bit of localised fog spreading gently through the meadows.
Morning-Fog_MG_6066.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=a3e6b98c501fd4478c6f7a1d074e0045
I have managed to capture the fog, and even the evaporation of water from the fence itself. A gem find was this, still wet, spider web. I invite you cordially to visit this mini gallery dedicated to a simple fence.

Click the links or images to see bigger photos and EXIF

Comments

• Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    Neat
    I'm always trying to get a really good shot of a spider's web, but have failed miserably! I like how you caught the "steam" coming off the fence. I used to watch the same effect on my neighbor's roof after a rain. It's really neat to watch.
  • Options
    Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2007
    Thanks Dee. The steam is very elusive to photograph I had to move around a bit to get an angle to the sun where it was most visible.
    Dee wrote:
    I'm always trying to get a really good shot of a spider's web, but have failed miserably! I like how you caught the "steam" coming off the fence. I used to watch the same effect on my neighbor's roof after a rain. It's really neat to watch.