Options

Problems with billing address on orders

yvonneyvonne Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
edited February 8, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I've pointed this problem out before but it still exists:

When inputting billing and delivery addresses for residents outside the US, the system does not accept the __________ line as a response to "state" (requiring you to go back again and again to fill in a state even if you don't have one), and also in "additional province" (or smthg like that), it wants a response.

Now if I select a random state in addition to my UK address, all is fine. I then have to write "none" in "additional province" otherwise it will not accept my order.

This is quite a lot of hassle just to order a photo and particularly those users who are not particularly computer literate may not necessarily think of the go-around.

Please can we sort this out, otherwise I will have to ask my customers to place orders directly through me.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2005
    I have had to solve this problem more than once in help desk, so much so that I came up with an image of what it should look like filled out:

15539192-L.jpg

Can you tell me what is wrong with the image and what it should look like?
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2005
    For the "state" field - it's not really clear what to do with it if you're not in the states. You have provided the option "__________", which is perfect - BUT then programme does not accept "__________" as a response. It keeps returning you to that field, telling you to fill in the state. If you change that, there is no more problem with that field.

You also provide a "blank" option. But the field cannot remain blank. If you want people to use "Canada and US chose one" as the default for non USA/CAD residents, I would remove the options "blank" and "________" from the dropdown menu, then people aren't confused about the choice they're supposed to make.

As for "other provice" - not everyone lives in a province (or county as we call them in the UK). I would suggest having the field but making it non-mandatory, like address line 2
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2005
    I looked for an "________" option and a blank option, but only saw "
    " is that the choice you are referring to in the State drop down?

Also, I will look at making the Other State field non-mandatory, but no promises ;)
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    I looked for an "________" option and a blank option, but only saw "
    " is that the choice you are referring to in the State drop down?

Also, I will look at making the Other State field non-mandatory, but no promises ;)
    It looks continuous on my screen... but I imagine it's the same.