Mac smugmug uploader problems

epettiepetti Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited May 20, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I am using the smugmug uploader for Mac version 2.0 on an iMac G5. my site on smugmug is http://epetti.smugmug.com. I love the interface and it is very easy to use. It works better for me than any other upload method because I generally do all my organizing, tagging, commenting and everything else in iPhoto, and then just upload the album in one go, and this perfect for that. The only problem with it is that it crashes on my fairly frequently in the middle of an upload. Then I have to create a new temp album with just the pictures that weren't completed to continue the upload from that point. It crashes about once or twice per album upload, with each upload having on average around 100 to 200 pictures. I think I read somewhere that there is a universal smugmug uploader version 2.11 or something like that. Would that be likely to be more or less stable. Is this a known problem or a new problem? Anything I can do to give more info to track this down, or is there a newer version of the software I should grab?

Thanks in advance.

Ernie

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 20, 2007
    Ernie,

There was a bug in 2.11 that resulted in the photos being uploaded to the wrong gallery.

I am currently working on a release to fix this issue and do some other general tidyup work.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos