Keywords do not import correctly from Lightroom

rdlugoszrdlugosz Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited May 23, 2007 in SmugMug Support
At least numerical ones anyway. I'm working on uploading a ton of race pictures where I'm keying a bib number when I see one. I'm adding the keywords in Lightroom. For a while, I was keying the number & that's all. Then I realized that (for whatever reason) SM will ignore numeric keywords unless they are in quotes.

Fine.

So I modified a few in LR so that they have quotes and re uploaded a test image. Still no dice! The keyword has quotes around it, but there's a semicolon at the end. (e.g., "1059";). The keyword 1059 is not picked up unless I go in and delete the semicolon.

I'm curious as to: 1. what's the best way to deal with this? I'm not interested in keywording in the SM interface since then the updates aren't in my local library. 2. How do others deal with this? 3. Can I get a feature request on the list to have keywords work correctly out of the box?

I don't have time to test right now, but I'm curious if any of my other lightroom-based (and non-numeric) keywords function properly in spite of the semicolon thing...

Comments

• rdlugoszrdlugosz Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2007
    Well, I went ahead and fixed it myself with a little Javascript. If you're having this issue and would like to see my solution, head over to my blog: Fix Smugmug Lightroom Numeric Keyword Import

Jury is still out on whether the semicolons are bad in general... This will remove them though & quote all of the numeric keywords so that they behave correctly.
  • pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2007
    I see that Don left a note on your blog that he's going to try to fix this. Pretty cool!
  • rdlugoszrdlugosz Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2007
    pat.kane wrote:
    I see that Don left a note on your blog that he's going to try to fix this. Pretty cool!
    Completely cool. SM really is a great company!

In the meantime, the quick script I wrote successfully updated the bulk page on a gallery of 1800+ images from the 5k race. Yea for javascript!