Wedding Shots (9 imgs)

shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
edited May 23, 2007 in Weddings
Day began with a look and feel of rain but cleared up by the time the ceremony was over. Rats! I was looking forward to shooting in the rain. Thanks for looking. And as always, comments are welcomed. Still trying to learn.

154695912-L.jpg

154694632-L.jpg

154693976-L.jpg

154694174-L.jpg

154695146-L.jpg

154696072-L.jpg

154694509-L.jpg

154695615-L.jpg

154696322-L.jpg

Comments

• Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2007
    These are very nice. I thin you have done very well. I am not particularly fond of the last one, and a bit hesitant about the second one. Others are great, particcularly 1, 5, 6 &7.

Will you share the technique you use on the detail of the brides dress?

ann
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2007
    These are really good. My favorite is the veil/kissing picture. thumb.gif
  • Mrs FMrs F Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2007
    All I can say is, "wow". These are really great. The bride and groom are going to love these. (The last one isn't my favorite...there's something about the shape of his outline or wide angle that doesn't do it for me.) But I love all the rest. The bride and groom kissing behind the veil just blew me away. It's such a romantic pose and a perfect treatment. Just beautiful.
    C and C always welcome.
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2007
    Thanks for the feedback. Always enlightening to get responses and input.

Ann,
    Trying to remember how I did the dress detail. I believe I did a channel mixer BW conversion adjusting the RGB sliders to obtain the best detail. Did some curves to increase contrast and highlight details more. I then did a highpass on a duplicated layer and set the blending to multiply. Changed opacity to taste. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and enjoy. (Oh, I forgot the pinch of salt). I hope I remembered correctly.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    Very nice and unusual shots. #2 is the only one I'm not too crazy about and I'm never too keen on kissing under the veil shots. I think the last shot actually is a pretty neat idea, but the selective coloring on his face just doesn't work with the sepia tone. A little too bright and brassy. A nice Black and White or just sepia I think would help this one a lot. I like the casual leaning against the fence shots. Great job over-all. thumb.gif
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    I am with saurora, the last would work with a sepia or black and white all over. I like #3, this was composed really well, with the right DOF.

#8 is my absolute fave, this was very well done even though i'm not a huge fan of selective coloring, it isn't overdone or arbitrary here. the moment is about the two of them, and that's right where your eye goes.

Very nice job overall, thanks for sharing!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • ShannonHeatShannonHeat Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    Wow, what awesome colors! Please share!

www.heatonphotography.net
    Shannon :D
    Canon Digital Rebel XTI, 430ex, sigma 24-70 f2.8 macro, a crummy kit lens, 4gb cf, and tons of batteries.
    www.heatonphotography.net
    http://picasaweb.google.com/heatonphotography
    www.myspace.com/heatonphotography
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2007
    Really nice work here
    Very enjoyable comps, colors and imagination. The 2nd one is very creative. It's fun seeing all these different perspectives...remembering them while shooting is another story mwink.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2007
    Great shots. Very creative.