Options

Wallet Photo Die Cutter?

JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
edited June 2, 2007 in Accessories
I am looking for a die cutter to cut wallets with rounded edges. Anyone have any recommendations, tips, etc? I am also going to post a wanted ad in the flea market, but I am looking for tips and info on die cutters here.

Thanks!
Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos

Comments

• Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2007
    Sorry, I'm wondering, whats a die cutter?
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2007
    It is a cutter that "stamps" out wallets. Basically it is a metal square with a metal square behind it. It gives the "uniform" wallet look. It can also round corners, etc.

Some samples found here, but I don't really know what I am looking for. What works best, etc. http://www.photodiecutters.com/
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2007
    Ohhhh okay I got you now. We used to have those when we did passport photos, it beats using a scissor any day.

Those would be nice to have for wallets, for sure. I think as long as you keep the paper clean, without any sticky stuff on them, they will last forever. But they're like bricks, theyre super heavy. Gives it the oomph needed to make that cut easy.

Lmk where and what you get, thats not a bad investment for wallet cutting. I might look into that.
  • Options
    kriskaykriskay Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 26, 2007
    die cutter for rounded wallet corners
    Hi there,

My first post ever.

I just purchased from Joann Craft store two great little corner cutters. Already threw away the box, on the bottom of the cutter it says "EK Success". They have a couple of sizes. I bought the smallest and the next size up. I measured the smallest ...is the exact corner cut for the professional wallets. The cost was only 4.99. They had other ones, but this model has a beautiful thumb squeeze that makes the job much easier. I cut the corners for 100 wallets in about 15 minutes. On five out of a hundred I had a visible miscut. So I used the larger corner cutter to correct the mistake, mixed it in with the others and I know it will be hardly noticeable, Wallet order saved...buy both cutters.

Kriskay
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,813 moderator
    edited May 26, 2007
    I think what KrisKay refers to is the "Corner Adorner" hand punches by EK Success:

http://www.scrapbooksupercenter.com/corneradorner.html
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    You might try........ HERE ....... as they used to carry them at a reasonable price.....as well as tons of other photo suplies........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    photoAndiphotoAndi Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 1, 2007
    Wallet die cutters
    Look at www.goimark.com. Sounds like just what you need.
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2007
    Okay it looks nice, but not exactly the price range I was looking for. I might just have to print through a printer that offers pre-cut wallets.