Options

How to mail photos to clients?

kristenkristen Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
edited May 27, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
What do you guys use to get the finished products to the clients?
Kristen Mendes
www.kristensphoto.com

Comments

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 23, 2007
    kristen wrote:
    What do you guys use to get the finished products to the clients?

Never have to worry about that because Smugmug does it all for me.
    thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    Never have to worry about that because Smugmug does it all for me.
    thumb.gif

A TRUE SMUGMUGGER! :) Well, I guess I have my own worries then!
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
  • Options
    CasonCason Registered Users Posts: 414 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2007
    Are they in town? If so, you should get them delievered to your home, give it a good quality check, and go out of your way to hand deliever the photos. It's a little more personal in my opinion.

If they are not in town, then I'm sure somebody can give you some advice on how to ship them properly.

I too want to review the photos before they are sent to clients.
    Cason

www.casongarner.com

5D MkII | 30D | 50mm f1.8 II | 85mm f1.8 | 24-70mm f2.8
    L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Manfrotto 3021BPRO with 322RC2
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2007
    RTP wrote:
    Are they in town? If so, you should get them delievered to your home, give it a good quality check, and go out of your way to hand deliever the photos. It's a little more personal in my opinion.

If they are not in town, then I'm sure somebody can give you some advice on how to ship them properly.

I too want to review the photos before they are sent to clients.

Thank you for your reply. That's why I have them shipped to me. I want to look at them and make sure everything is OK.

If they are local I do hand deliver them. I have some that I know will be out of town. I am flying to do the wedding. I then have to safely get the photos back to them. There are photo mailers at officemax but I don't think they go large enough!

THANKS
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
  • Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2007
    How do you get your pictures? If they are shipped to you, can't you just reuse the packaging and the service used to deliver them to you?
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 23, 2007
    kristen wrote:
    A TRUE SMUGMUGGER! :) Well, I guess I have my own worries then!

if you're mailing them I would first cover the print with a sheet of vellum and use a heavyweight paperboard mailer

http://www.actionenvelope.com/ae/control/category/~category_id=7108/~pcategory=7107
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    Currently the company I have print gives me the prints in an envelope with a sliver of cardboard the same size as the prints, usually 8x10's. I fold the edges, wrap that snug and tape it down. Then I place that in a manila envelope which I also fold the edges and tape down with clear packing tape. This gets a printed label with "PHOTOS - DO NOT BEND OR FOLD" at the bottom and off to the USPS it goes. I've not yet had any damage or complaints... so I guess this is enough protection. I've done from 2 prints to over 30 this way. Overall size is ~11x9.

HTH...
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    I do not send photos, but...
    Howdy-

I have gotten some photos from one of our suppliers/artist/photographers at work in a metal contractor clipboard. The photos were padded in there and then put into the contractor.

This is an example of the idea http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=478180&Ntt=clipboard&uniqueSearchFlag=true&An=text

But I think you get the idea. So a little wander down the paper section of the office supply store might give you some options. Might not be the cheapest solution but it is safe.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2007
    Howdy-

I have gotten some photos from one of our suppliers/artist/photographers at work in a metal contractor clipboard. The photos were padded in there and then put into the contractor.

This is an example of the idea http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=478180&Ntt=clipboard&uniqueSearchFlag=true&An=text

But I think you get the idea. So a little wander down the paper section of the office supply store might give you some options. Might not be the cheapest solution but it is safe.

That's a neat idea. You couldn't ship reall large photos in that though. I think I am going to go check out some stuff at office max today. THANKS
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com