enom and cname

quirk6quirk6 Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
edited May 22, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Today I finally upgraded my smugmug account to "pro" and registered www.adammorgansmith.com

Now, of course, I want www.adammorgansmith.com to forward to my smugmug site. I see what I have to do on the smugmug end, it's right there under "domain" in the control panel. I also know I have to do something with cname on enom but I can't figure out how exactly. I looked at what you do for the other hosts but it doesn't look the same at enom. Any help please, since I also can't find a detail help or an email address to send questions to.

Thanks

Adam
"I'm ahead of my time, but only by a week"
http://adammorgansmith.smugmug.com

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited May 22, 2007
    quirk6 wrote:
    Today I finally upgraded my smugmug account to "pro" and registered www.adammorgansmith.com

Now, of course, I want www.adammorgansmith.com to forward to my smugmug site. I see what I have to do on the smugmug end, it's right there under "domain" in the control panel. I also know I have to do something with cname on enom but I can't figure out how exactly. I looked at what you do for the other hosts but it doesn't look the same at enom. Any help please, since I also can't find a detail help or an email address to send questions to.

Thanks

Adam

Hi Adam,
    OK. What you want to do is create a CNAME record that points to www.smugmug.com You are correct about placing your domain name in your account settings. This will allow us to resolve your domain name to your site. It can sometimes take up to 48 hours for a change like this to take effect.

If you still have problems doing this, please contact us at the Help Desk.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • quirk6quirk6 Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    Thanks, turned out I had already done the right thing and was simply being impatient.
    "I'm ahead of my time, but only by a week"
    http://adammorgansmith.smugmug.com