and my favorite snowdrop anemones, not bloomin' yet
155091322-M.jpg

C & C welcome

ann
(trying to enter LPS SF1)

Comments

• DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    The next to last one has the best light and color, but I'm not sure about the composition. Any chance to shoot them very early in the morning or late in the evening as the light changes? Also try to shoot at an aperture that will give you enough detail on the flower, but no detail in the background (try to isolate it).
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Finally blooming, finally a bit of sun:
    and my favorite snowdrop anemones, not bloomin' yet
    C & C welcome
    ann
    (trying to enter LPS SF1)

Hi ya Ann wave.gif
    I love Tulips, they come in such pretty colours, I love the Red and Pink ones best ohhhhhh and the yellows too nod.gif .

Nice work clap.gif ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    Ann,

Please take the following with regard to the fact that you are considering entries into the LPS.

Looking at these I would have to say that the fifth one (the purple tulip) is the most promising (in my very humble opinion).

The first four are nice images, but appear rather ordinary (something I do a a lot). In #1, 3, and 4 the crop is too tight. In #1 the green mass at the top is distracting. In #2 the cropped red bloom at the top-left shouldn't be there, either. The smallest yellow bloom in the middle is distracting as it appears to be not part of the main focus.

The last one appears to be a random shot of a weed. There is nothing that really defines a focal point (the flowers, perhaps) of this image. The snowdrops have a green tinge that causes them to blend into the rest of them image. It's as if they were not even there.

In #2 perhaps a reshoot to key-in on the yellow flower that appears to be dwarfed by the others? Change the shooting angle from the side to looking up perhaps?

Anyway, I hope that helps. ne_nau.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    Lovely colors
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    Hi Dalantech and RogersDA

Guess I should have been clear - these are outtakes from trying to shoot for LPS SF1!!! I appreciate your advice, though.

WRT time of day - the tulips only ope wide like that in really full sun - midday.
    And the purple one was shot quite late in the afternoon.

I am grateful, these days, for any light as opposed to the constant grey skies we seem stuck with.

Thanks

ann
    Dalantech wrote:
    The next to last one has the best light and color, but I'm not sure about the composition. Any chance to shoot them very early in the morning or late in the evening as the light changes? Also try to shoot at an aperture that will give you enough detail on the flower, but no detail in the background (try to isolate it).
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2007