Adding galleries to a Sharegroup

arthillarthill Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited July 9, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I use Sharegroups for all the pictures of my grandkids and the process of adding a gallery to a sharegroup drives me nuts. When I click on the "Pick Galleries" link I am presented with a page showing 748 galleries sorted in some order I have never been able to figure out. It takes forever for the 748 thumbnails to load then I have to hunt around for the ONE gallery that I want to add. It's not at the bottom, it's not alphabetical. Is there some easier process I'm just missing. I would much rather click on something at the gallery level that says "Add to a Sharegroup" and then pick from a (much shorter than 748) list of my Sharegroups. Or can someone give me a clue as to the sort order of that blasted Choose Galleries Page.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, however, there is.
In order to understand recursion, you first have to understand recursion.
Art Hill

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    arthill wrote:
    I use Sharegroups for all the pictures of my grandkids and the process of adding a gallery to a sharegroup drives me nuts. When I click on the "Pick Galleries" link I am presented with a page showing 748 galleries sorted in some order I have never been able to figure out. It takes forever for the 748 thumbnails to load then I have to hunt around for the ONE gallery that I want to add. It's not at the bottom, it's not alphabetical. Is there some easier process I'm just missing. I would much rather click on something at the gallery level that says "Add to a Sharegroup" and then pick from a (much shorter than 748) list of my Sharegroups. Or can someone give me a clue as to the sort order of that blasted Choose Galleries Page.

You might want to add your thoughts to this thread where there are several other users discussing the same issue. Smugmug does need to modernize their gallery picker everywhere they use it so that it works for those of us with lots of galleries.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • DalyDaly Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    I was searching dgrin for a solution to my sharegroup problem too. I was hoping that I could find a way to automatically add any gallery that goes into one particular category to a sharegroup.

Anyone know if a solution is now available...?
    thanks so much,
    dalynn