No External Linking

EphemeralEphemeral Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited May 22, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Apologies if I'm flogging a dead horse, as I've not been following the forums of late.

Am I right in saying that if I set the "Ext. Links" to no, then other ppl cannot link to an image in the gallery?

So, in theory, no one should be able to see the image below as the gallery is set to Ext. Link = no.

131848862-M.jpg

If you can see the image, then am I missing anything? Originals set to no as well. Is this a pro only feature?

If you can't see the above image then it's working and I'm going mad.

*boggles* :scratch

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    Ephemeral wrote:
    Apologies if I'm flogging a dead horse, as I've not been following the forums of late.

Am I right in saying that if I set the "Ext. Links" to no, then other ppl cannot link to an image in the gallery?

So, in theory, no one should be able to see the image below as the gallery is set to Ext. Link = no.

131848862-M.jpg

If you can see the image, then am I missing anything? Originals set to no as well. Is this a pro only feature?

*boggles* headscratch.gif
    Correct thumb.gif

When set to 'no', external linking prevents the image being seen anywhere but in your SmugMug page.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have a question.

EDIT: I can not see the image. You may see the image, as you have already loaded that image in the SmugMug page though. Browsers are smart/dumb enough to remember.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    Ephemeral wrote:

131848862-M.jpg

*boggles* headscratch.gif

No image appears for me in your first posting in this thread, so it appears that the external linking setting is working properly for you.

Remember that you may not see the effects of turning off external linking yourself because if you have already viewed the image on your site, it may be in your browser cache and thus the browser may fetch it from your cache when looking at this thread rather than be denied the image because of the external linking setting.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • EphemeralEphemeral Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    Ahhh, that old "browser-chaching-images-making-me-think-it-wasn't-working" trick eh. Tsk, browsers eh? Tricky little things those browers. rolleyes1.gif

Thanks guys. clap.gif
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    Ephemeral wrote:
    Ahhh, that old "browser-chaching-images-making-me-think-it-wasn't-working" trick eh. Tsk, browsers eh? Tricky little things those browers. rolleyes1.gif

Thanks guys. clap.gif

I always have a 2nd browser handy (I have IE, Firefox and Opera installed here) so I can see things exactly how my viewers will see them. I do all my "real work" with Firefox and mainly use IE to check how things will look for others.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question