LPS SF#1: a missing competitor...

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited May 26, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Some of you may have noticed, if you visited the gallery of LPS finalists so far, that there is someone missing from the list in the Semifinal thread...
[imgr]http://rutt.smugmug.com/photos/154609323-M.jpg[/imgr]
I've been thinking about this, and her, for some time now, and couldn't put together a good idea of what to do/say. But an email from Rutt gave me the push. He suggested some good words, so I'll use them:
Ginger Jones qualified for this semifinal, but died not long afterwards. She was quite a contributor to our community, and we are saddened that she won't be a part of this contest. She was always a fierce competitor in the dgrin challenges and the new LPS contest. May that dauntless spirit inspire the competitors of this contest!
Thanks Rutt!

Rutt has also added this photo of Ginger's...

Ginger, you'll be missed!
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    Thanks for posting that, Erik. I'm sure she's here with us in spirit and cheering us all on.
  • mo'mo' Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited May 22, 2007
    I'd noticed that, too, and I'm too new to know about whether anything could be done about it. I'm glad she's at least acknowledged in this manner. I wonder what she'd have entered? I know she'd have obsessed about it and asked all of us what we thought, then she'd go and put in what she knew all along to be best. And it WOULD be best!
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    yeah,
    I too thought about that. I have some of her photos that I bought still sitting out on my work table. I look at them and wonder what she would have entered for the semi-final. It's so sad she didn't get to participate. Definitely an emptiness here without her.

That was nice of you, Eric/Rutt

Tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    She is surely missed
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    Wonderful words.

Stan
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    Well said, Erik and Rutt. I do miss Ginger's stream of consciousness posts and amazing photographs. I was looking forward to seeing what she would come up with for SF1.

Virginia

Email
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    Nice tribute, Doc/Rutt. It definitely will never be the same...
    Chris
  • rddphotosrddphotos Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited May 22, 2007
    my condolence's to the family. I can only wish that I am still capable of shooting to the end.
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2007
    mo' wrote:
    ...I wonder what she'd have entered?

I don't know what the image would have been, but after looking at her gallery I know there would only be room for nine other photographers in this semi-final...
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • NanaMoNanaMo Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2007
    Eric/Rutt, thanks....
    ..for updating us new bees.....I will do some research to see her photos and get familiar with her work.

The photo you posted was magnificent....I am sure a great tribute to her…. and she and her family would be pleased. You are awesome for posting the picture.

All our love to her family and she has apparently made her mark in the Dgrin family and I know I will feel the same when I see all her entries. You are special for acknowledging her!

iloveyou.giflust
    Maureen
  • pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2007
    I'm very new to this group and never knew Ginger Jones, but after looking at her photos and reading the tributes to Ginger, I wish had known her.
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 23, 2007
    Thanks for the kind words everyone, I'm sure Ginger's family would appreciate it. For those of you who are new, or don't venture far from the contest, or are inclined to read more, Andy started a very moving memorial thread a couple weeks ago.

It is here:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=60680
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2007
    I really miss her
    I still think about her and the daily photo she would post in the daily photo community

That is where I met her

Ginger made a very deep impression in my life much much deeper than I ever imagined possible... and we only interacted via the comment system and a few emails.

we all miss her, but her images will keep us mindful of her amazing tenacity and great sense of humor.
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    Wow, it's been a while since I've been able to poke around here let alone post anything but I remember Ginger's frequent posts and contributions to the forum...particularly in the challenges. She will be missed but her pictures will linger on!

Erich