Options

Pregnancy shots... need feedback!

kjskjs Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited May 24, 2007 in People
This past weekend, I took these shots of my childhood friend (since age 4!!) and her husband. They are due with their first child in less than a month (she looks pretty amazing, doesn't she?) I've been in a photography "funk" for a little while, but this shoot was so fun, it's gotten me back into photography... and, thus, back to the Dgrin forums! :D Anyway, would love to hear what you think... these images are completely unedited.... still trying to find time to do that. Anyway, would love to know what you think!

155062823-L.jpg

155064319-L.jpg

155070868-L.jpg

155073102-L.jpg

155069799-L.jpg

155061017-L.jpg

Thanks in advance for your feedback!!!!

Kim

Comments

• Options
    Rene`Rene` Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2007
    Great shots!
    Your shots look great! I think that they will look great at BW too!

clap.gif

kjs wrote:
    This past weekend, I took these shots of my childhood friend (since age 4!!) and her husband. They are due with their first child in less than a month (she looks pretty amazing, doesn't she?) I've been in a photography "funk" for a little while, but this shoot was so fun, it's gotten me back into photography... and, thus, back to the Dgrin forums! :D Anyway, would love to hear what you think... these images are completely unedited.... still trying to find time to do that. Anyway, would love to know what you think!

155062823-L.jpg

155064319-L.jpg

155070868-L.jpg

155073102-L.jpg

155069799-L.jpg

155061017-L.jpg

Thanks in advance for your feedback!!!!

Kim
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2007
    Really nice series! You will have fun working these up. Great that it got you out of your "funk" too. They should love these. iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2007
    Well aren't they a gorgeous couple?! And yes, she does look amazing! I really like the ones of them together, 3 & 6. The colors are nicely warm in 3, but a bit cool in 6 IMO, but their expressions are great and her baby bump poking outside the jacket is perfect. I kinda wish the crop put them more on the left side of the pic as well. It seems that the shots may have benefited from some fill flash or a reflector, just to light up their face and/or eyes a bit. The setting is lovely, but sometimes a bit busy in the background. I think my favorite of her is #2...the V-tree is a nice frame and she has a very pleasant expression and position, showing off her tummy without over-doing the "I'm pregnant" pose. Maybe boost the contrast in this one?

OK...that's enough from me! Nit-picking aside, these are great shots and I'm sure they'll be very happy with them! thumb.gif Glad to hear this pulled you out of a photog funk...gotta get ready to shoot the baby! :D

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2007
    These are FANTASTIC! I am 7 months pregnant and have been wanting to do some "maternity"portraits, but I'm just not into the whole "mostly naked" look. I've been trying to figure out if some outdoor, clothed shots would work and you've just proven to me that they will! :) Well, looks like I'm going to be out there soon getting some done similar to this! Thanks for the inspiration! As a photographer, I would be pleased if mine turn out this well!
  • Options
    kjskjs Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited May 24, 2007
    Thank you everyone for your feedback! I really appreciate it! I needed to do this... get out with two friends I'm very comfortable with (and vice versa) to get back into the swing of things. I learned A LOT on this shoot... mainly working with lighting. I agree that some of the shots could've used some fill flash or reflector (thanks for the tip, Elaine!). I also agree that the background is busy... something I didn't notice when I was shooting. I loved the tree, flowers, and bridge in background. But, all those hanging branches are a little annoying to me. But, we found this little spot in a dried up riverbed, so what are you gonna do? :D

fcorin13- I brought some sheer cream curtains to do some indoor half naked poses, but we just never got to them. When I mentioned it, my friend said she was totally happy with what we got and felt like they were more "her" anyway. Something about being pregnant in nature just goes well together, I think. Good luck on getting some photos of your beautiful pregnant figure! Would love to see them when they're done!

Kim